Royal Mail prices 31/03/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royal Mail prices 31/03/13

I see that Royal Mail have had yet another change of heart with their ridiculous parcel prices, first an additional "exception" to allow parcels in excess of 8cm & now an up & coming REDUCTION to 1st & 2nd class small parcel sizes.

Good news for those using counter services!
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Congratulations Royal Mail, That must be a spectacular own goal of mammoth proportions.

Dumping large letters which is probably 80% of our business means a lot of our goods become uneconomical to post.

How can we send out a tea towel at £5.99 and pay small parcel prices?

Royal Mail made a massive sales drive leading up to privatisation to get small businesses on board and then they do this to us?

Stuff them.
    Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

I can't see any change in the small parcel or large letter sizes in the new price list - am I looking in the wrong place?

John
      John Ennals
      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail-cha...aignid=EM35517
        Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Going by the March '14 franking wall chart. There is not too much of a difference. A small increase in some services and a decrease in others. 750g Large Letter has gone up 9p I think

What has really helped us was the addition of another small parcel size last October as the other one was crazy!
          www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
          Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

Large letters from March 31st can only be used for paper items. i.e no goods at all.

I think that will affect a LOT of businesses.
            Scottish Gifts 4U - quality gifts from Scotland

Comment

Hmm. Hadn't seen that. I haven't read the new rules in detail yet but yes, this is quite ridiculous. There is surely a loop hole here otherwise RM are going to lose a lot of custom....again.....! I can't see one as yet though.
              www.norfolkherbs.co.uk
              Online Shop at: www.homescentherbs.co.uk

Comment

My understanding is that the rule change only applies to 'Business Mail' and not to RM24/RM48 and other standard Large letter format services

I believe the term 'business mail' is causing confusion in that many people are considering the term to be a general term referring to any commercial post/parcels while Royal Mail are specifically referring to a Royal Mail product called 'Business Mail' which is designed to be used for "general business correspondence and transactional mail, such as bills, statements or invoices" and is different to the Large Letter format packets that most retailer here are likely to be using for sending goods.

See a discussion on this link where Royal Mail have clarified the rule slightly.
                http://tamebay.com/2014/02/royal-mai...1st-march.html
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse
                Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Working...
                X