Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting item in todays daily mail (Saturdays)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting item in todays daily mail (Saturdays)

Discussing return postage charges for customers who return good, they state the consumer act requires original postage charges to be returned to customer, but some companies including well known PLC's are not refunding them
    Chris Ashdown

If you clearly state in your Terms and Conditions and in confirmation emails that the customer is responsible for paying to return unwanted goods, then the customer has to pay that postage.

If the item is faulty, then you the business owner pays.

I don't read the Daily Mail but if they're saying what you report, they're wrong.

See http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-righ...ng-regulations

--edit--

Sorry I've just re-read your post Chris. Yes of course the original postage the customer paid when they placed their order should be refunded if they return something. It's the cost of postage to return unwanted stuff that the customer should cover, so long as this is clearly spelled out in advance.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Chris,

It is only postage charges that are compulsory, and not upgrades.

As we offer free delivery, if a customer upgrades to Special Delivery we do not need to refund as there was a free option and they willingly chose another option.

That is how I understand it.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
      X