No announcement yet.

Forum Streamline - YOUR input required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we're on the topic of the forum, could we take a look at the forum policy on things like signature links, affiliate codes, etc.

For example, while it's reasonable to have links to relevant info or sites, should we explicity disallow links to non-Actinic commerical sites (other than developers or other people who provide a relevant service to Actinic users)?

And call me an old cynic, but there does appear to have been more new desptachbay threads than usual since they started giving users affiliate codes to promote.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      While we're on the topic of the forum, could we take a look at the forum policy on things like signature links, affiliate codes, etc.

For example, while it's reasonable to have links to relevant info or sites, should we explicity disallow links to non-Actinic commerical sites (other than developers or other people who provide a relevant service to Actinic users)?

And call me an old cynic, but there does appear to have been more new desptachbay threads than usual since they started giving users affiliate codes to promote.

Mike
      I'm happy to go with the flow as I'm just test the waters with my recently added link, but I feel as long as someone is adding to the community they should be allowed to place links to what they want.
      You could though limit what can be done e.g. 3 lines, 5 links max, and can only place links when someone has reached 20 posts per account to help stop spammers, but links are what makes the web, and rewarding people who actually do contribute to the community with links helps is fair enough in my eyes.

Just my 2c worth
      "If my answers frighten you then you should cease asking scary questions"

Comment

I see what you're saying but would prefer not to see it happen that way. All that happens is that people start posting just to get a link on the forum and the mods then have to make decisions all the time along the line of 'is that post good enought to justify a link'.

But thanks for pushing the boundaries a bit. It's time a decision was made on this.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X