Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
    Jules wrote:

Wowza! That's 16 Megabits per second. What country are you in?
    That's the UK - FTTC from Zen. In Switzerland we have similar to BT Infinity, and achieve about 10mbps up and 25 down.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You're lucky. I'm (like all discerning users) with Zen too, but although only 7 miles from the centre of Edinburgh, that's rural enough for a measly 0.45Mbps upload and 1.2Mbps down. Not Zen's fault of course as it's BT's old bits of wire that deliver the service.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        Not Zen's fault of course as it's BT's old bits of wire that deliver the service.
        FTTC is the dog's blox, hope it comes to your neck of the woods soon.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I wish! However at my other location (beach-side near a village in Turkey) there's a 100Mbps FTTP internet box right outside my gate. It arrived (without being lobbied for) this Autumn, and is an alternative to the FTTC box that's only 100 metres away. Far less intrusive too as the FTTP box is only the size of an upended filing cabinet drawer and sits on a stubby pole to keep it away from rain splash and flooded roads.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

OK. CPU wise an E2160 benchmarks at about 1,000 on the CPU benchmark scale. The mid range core 2 duo i5 3450 I use comes out at about 6,500 and a top of the range I7 at around 13,000.

Some of that comes from an increase in the number of CPU cores and while Sellerdeck does use multiple cores during an upload in my experience it's usually using less than 50% utilisation.

So yes, a shiny new PC is probably a good idea. At a rough guess I'd expect it to be about 3-4 times faster. So maybe 20-30 minutes instead of 1.5 hours.

I'm still a little concerned at how long your site is taking, as my comparable site was taking around 30 minutes on a celeron D processor that benchmarked at about 300 on the same scale. So your site is taking about 10x longer than I'd expect it to.

It's worth checking you've ticked the 'Compact HTML' box in 'Design Options' as that might help.

You aren't using external linking or anything else that might affect performance are you?

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I foud that turning of (unticking) "Use Passive FTP Transfers" in Network Setup improved my upload speed significantly, not sure why...
              Adrian Boshoff
              http://www.servatech.co.za

Comment

Well, we took a leap into Sellerdeck 2013... upload is now between 10-20 minutes! This makes us very happy indeed!
                Flooring Sales Ltd
                Flooring Sales Ltd - Wood and Laminate Flooring Company
                Hadlow Flooring
                Herga Flooring

Comment

That's an impressive improvement, bearing in mind V10 also has upload compression.
                  I wonder what has changed in V13 with regard to uploading .....
                  Kind Regards
                  Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

I'm not sure much has changed in 2013 but their upload speed did seem to be around 10x slower than it should have been. I suspect there was a problem somewhere that hasn't carried over in the upgrade.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                    X