Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10.0.1 - checkout not showing images or CSS

Hello,

Im having a big problem for two of my clients websites. When I made a change to the site options so it was Quantity on Confirmation page and did an upload, the cgi-bin/ca000001.pl files stopped showing my images and my CSS, even though its in the source, I have gone into troubleshooting and click website purge and refresh and I have also emptied my cookies and its still not looking right, I thought it might be to do with needing full URLs to images but i checked a working site and they are not full URLs.

The thing is its happening to two websites, one upgraded from V9 (which I didnt change anything in the checkout) and one built in V10, is anyone else having problems in the .pl files not showing all your page content?

Thanks
    Angi
    christopherpiperwines.co.uk
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

p.s oddly its only doing it in firefox and not I.E
    skatewarehouse.co.uk
    progrow.co.uk
    cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Hello, if I could have your IP address please then I can give you access to the sites? many thanks
      skatewarehouse.co.uk
      progrow.co.uk
      cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

The problem is related to the possible bug indicated here of redirect error because when you visit the cart page the source code shows a trailing slash being added to base href like this:
        Code:
        <BASE HREF="http://domain.co.uk/acatalog/info%5f11332%2ehtml/">
        Resulting in the loss of css/image formatting and also these errors:
        1) Inability to order because of error "The quantity must be a whole number between 1 and 32767."
        2) Subsequent links from problem page causing a "Error 404: File Not Found".

I'd say it was a fairly serious problem/bug as it's preventing successful implimentation of orders, did you contact support regarding the other thread and what was the outcome?.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, I have told them too and they are looking into it

Angi
          skatewarehouse.co.uk
          progrow.co.uk
          cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to chime in if it's been covered - is this issue present on a test site? Mine seems fine in test mode but things like this make me anxious about going live just yet. I waited for 10.1 and there are still issues which is worrying as after all this is our living!

Oh and that fold down corner on the skate site is cool!
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Hi Ed,

Im very nervous, both sites are on staging. domains so I can test them, im actually to worried to hand them back to the client until my confidence has been restored.

Also I dont know if its me but dont you think its weird in the checkout that the TAX shows below the total cost?

P.S I which I could take credit for the fold down corner, I didnt do that buts its very cool
              skatewarehouse.co.uk
              progrow.co.uk
              cheeksandcherries.co.uk

Comment

Im not too impressed with the new checkout, I had real problems getting the colours to look ok as my site is black and the V10 checkout had it's own mind made up on colour schemes and ignored my V9 colours!

Comment

Ed, if you base your design on the new default 'Silver' theme, some elements will not recolour. It's a deliberate part of the design that some elements are fixed to a silver-grey colour. Sorry if that's caused any confusion.

Other than that, the new checkout elements should recolour the same as everything else. If not, I would contact support about it.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                    Ed, if you base your design on the new default 'Silver' theme, some elements will not recolour. It's a deliberate part of the design that some elements are fixed to a silver-grey colour. Sorry if that's caused any confusion.

Other than that, the new checkout elements should recolour the same as everything else. If not, I would contact support about it.
                    Bruce can you confirm that the postcode look up part will be recoded at some time to make this standout more. Yes i can change the css but it all seems to be connected to the input fields, change the button and these change too

Cheers
                    Darren

Comment

Well my site has a black background and the checkout form is white in V9 with black text but in V10.1 the form is black with white text?

I guess the V10 checkout defaults it's form background based on the site background where the default forms are white in previous versions, does not look nice as people expect forms with white fields.

So far it is only the checkout that does this, search and contact us forms remain white as they should.

Comment

The form boxes do seem to take their BG colour from the site background, which is really quite crap. If you change the site BG colour in design > themes and then add your BG color direct to the body declaration in the CSS. At least that's what i've done to circumvent it in the meantime, actinic need to sort this out ASAP, it makes the new checkout look awful.

Comment

Thanks Lee, so I guessed right (rare) - not sure I can locate the correct CSS and then the text input would be white on white!

Comment

Use Firefox with the Firebug add-in and then Inspect the element - the css will be shown on the right hand side.

Comment

I've got a v10.0.0 checkout also losing all images, SSL being used on this one, i'm just switching off the SSL to see if that is the cause. Beginning to look like a bad bug me thinks, my basehref is ok on the page, site works fine until checkout.

Comment

Working...
                              X