No announcement yet.

.fil permissions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've downloaded and am trialing the new v10 actinic and I'm getting the same error as well. Permission denied stock.fil. All the permissions are correct though and the network test passed. I run my own server and the fix that sendmore suggested is not secure... Did actinic get back to you aboyut that? As i'd be surprised if they said that was an ok fix!
    I dont know what the fix is yet, but you do not want to make the catalog readable/writable by the webserver by giving it open permissions! Youre asking for trouble. Personally I dont think this is a server issue more likely a bug. Strange no-one from actinic has commented on this thread innit!

Comment

Hello Mark and Martin

Sorry to read about the site issues you have been having.

Please try this workaround. In Network Setup | FTP Options, could you check if Enable Upload Data compression is enabled? If yes, un-check this, clear out the acatalog folder and upload the website from Web | Refresh Website as opposed to Publish to Web. Let me know if this helped at all.

Regards

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Krithika,

Yes, this was tried very early on, but didnt help.

Regards,
        Mark
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Mark
          Unfortunate that didn't help. Has suphp/suexec now been enabled on the server as has been mentioned above?

Regards
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

No, it hasnt yet.

I was told by actinic support that running suphp/suexec was not necessary for actinic to run.

I cant find anywhere in the help files or in the mailtohost.txt email
            Mail2hst.txt that says you need suphp/suexec enabled.
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Will you move hosts if we all club together for you? I can't take this thread any longer, it's driving me up the wall.

Comment

I wondered how long it would be before Lee chucked in his usual pennies worth.

Its not a problem with my server, I host upwards of 30 sites on it for the last 5 years.
                You dont know about running servers so you dont need to read this thread Lee.

and by the way, I've just received this from support;

Regrettably Actinic do not supply a server troubleshooting service so unfortunately if you are the server admin, it is your responsibility.
                Having said that I believe that there is currently a problem with this file and I know that currently our development team are looking into it.
                So it seems there is a problem with stock.fil after all.
                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

LOL, that sounds like a woolley 'we know it's screwed at the moment'.

PS - one doesn't need to know how servers work in order to feel to feel utterly bored with a thread. Damn that new posts option, where's the Feemish filter when you need it.

Comment

LOL, that sounds like a woolley 'we know it's screwed at the moment
                    yes, unfortunately, it does.

How on earth did Lee get the job 'moderator' when he is the biggest 'antagoniser' on the forum? I've lost count of the number of threads where he just pops up to say something unhelpful and generally rude.
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Memset has a history of unresolvable problems wrt Actinic sites. Here is another thread which also went nowhere
                      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                        I've lost count of the number of threads where he just pops up to say something unhelpful and generally rude.
                        Stick around then and help make a difference to the forum. Your stats currently show you've never thanked anyone and have never been thanked yourself. Hardly great credentials yourself eh?

Comment

Actaully Lee, If you look at the stats for other 'high volume posters' the amount of 'thanks' you have received is relatively very low.. Statistically speaking, considering the amount of posts you make, you are one of the lowest thanked members.

However I'm sure you would have high numbers if there was a 'No thanks Lee' button, as I know of at least two former members of this forum who no longer post here because of your attitude. Especially your condescending attitude to noobies. Not just noobies though.. there are some former high posters who now frequent 'the other forum' because of the general vibe here, which is in no small part down to you.

Do you just post to get the links in you signature up here for google? More often than not your posts contain no helpful advice just beligerent spurtings.

I suppose this post will be 'moderated' too and probably deleted as others have found their posts deleted when they challenge the moderators.

Thanks to everyone else who has helped though, there are still some very helpful posters here..
                          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

well said Feemish..

Lee, maybe you just need to understand that in forums peolpe cant hear your tone? you might be the nicest bloke but you re posts can come across as rude.

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                              Actaully Lee, If you look at the stats for other 'high volume posters' the amount of 'thanks' you have received is relatively very low.. Statistically speaking, considering the amount of posts you make, you are one of the lowest thanked members.
                              I think you've got a little confused or just danced the classic side step. I did not say i was overloaded with thanks, i said you had none. You've chosen to address mine rather than yours, the classic cornered animal attack you could say.

I for one am happy to leave anything you say in a post, i will certainly not touch it, but i will leave you in your cage as i exit the thread, i have nothing further to add.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollerboy View Post
                                well said.. Lee, maybe you just need to understand that in forums peolpe cant hear your tone? you might be the nicest bloke but you re posts can come across as rude.
                                I understand Martin and thanks for your feedback, i can't do anything about an interpreted tone until we have video forums though.

There is the block facility on the forum though, so if it gets to stage that you want to stick with the forum, but you just can't stand reading my posts, just block me and you will never have to read my words again. Same goes for anyone else, in fact all you closet Lee haters, please complain to the forum owners and get me stripped of moderator status, i do not want to be in a role that does not fit my persona.

Comment

Working...
                                X