Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug in V10?

hi there,

hope someone can help not sure if its a bug or not but if you look on below link on my new v10 site thats not finished yet

http://www.designedwebsite.co.uk/aca..._50_Pack_.html

if you look at the people who bought this also bought.....

if you click on the aone white printable dual layer it comes up with an error

"The specified product reference (MTD-DVD DL-011) couldn't be found."

the actual reference is MTD-DVD+DL-011

so is actinic having problems with product references that have the "+" sign in them?

hope someone can shed some light on this please
    www.3000rpm.com

Your link doesn't work.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Is this the link: http://www.designedwebsite.co.uk/aca..._50_Pack_.html

Comment

Hello Dale

We try making several texts safe for on-line use e.g. file names, product references etc. Special characters are usually replaced by underscores.

However, in this case, the search index has the product reference in the altered form, while the search is comparing it with the original form (XYZ+)
        I have notified the team about the issue and eventually the Help should have something about this.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

thank you for reply and sorry for the wrong url, i was going through all url's and making them more search engine friendly

why does actinic use underscore "_" rather than dashes "-" for the page names?

also thanks for reply, when you say you will get included in the help section does this mean that the problem will not be fixed but i will need to change any of the references witht he plus sign "+" in order for the related items to work?
          www.3000rpm.com

Comment

The use of underscores is a legacy going back to the earliest days of Actinic, when it was common practice. It's pretty harmless, although hyphens are thought to be marginally better for SEO. You can change them manually if you wish. We do plan to change it at some point, it's just a question of priorities ATM. If we do change it by default for new pages, we won't rename existing ones, because that would be a lot more harmful for SEO.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X