X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feefo question

hi there,

i have searched around but cant find out

if using feefo do the independate reviews show up in your froogle (googlebase) seller ratings?
    www.3000rpm.com

have you checked with feefo? I want to know the answer as well.

Comment

no every time i call them (at least 8 times now) i leave a number, they have not yet once got back to me, this is over the last 2 months.

the person who answers the phone says they do not know anything about it and just answers the phones

when i called actinic support they did not know either
      www.3000rpm.com

Comment

The last discussion I saw on this said that they were doing everything Google were asking them too but that Google were not picking up the reviews.

See http://www.feefoblog.com/?p=524

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Feefo generally won't answer questions from Actinic customers as the agreement we have specifies that Actinic carries out all support.

I will ask the MD of Feefo what the status of this is as I'm meeting them in a few weeks.

Chris

Comment

thank you

it would be great if it did as personally when i search for products i tend to go for the companies with reviews of them on the froogle (googlebase)
            www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Feefo and Google

I'm sorry if you've had difficulty getting information, and hope that I can clear up any confusion.

There are two ways of letting Google know about reviews, and it seems that the two branches of Google are hardly aware of the existence of the other.

1) Googlebase. This is a database of product information that can also include reviews. We currently are not sending our reviews to Googlebase, but shall do so, as it is not complicated. The format for sending data is very open-ended, so we are trying to find out the most effective field names to ensure that the reviews are seen as much as possible. I would anticipate that we'll be on this in the next month.

2) Google 'Rich Snippets'. These are mark-ups in the review HTML that allow Google to 'understand' the page as containing reviews. All the pages of Actinic users with reviews should be 'visible' to Google through Rich Snippets (there is a 'Rich Snippets Testing Tool that they can use to verify this). For a while, Google paid attention to our Rich Snippets, but currently they've stopped doing so. We do not know why, but suspect that it's a matter of location - all the Rich Snippets that we can see in Google listings (the items with the star ratings) are US based. We shall be doing our best to persuade Google that these are important and useful reviews.

We are attempting to set up contacts with Google to ensure that they are aware of what we are doing, because we believe that independent reviews from confirmed customers must be high on the list of items that search engines should highlight.

I hope that this answers your question. I'm sorry that it has taken us so long to get onto Googlebase, but we should rectify that shortly.

Comment

PERFECT

thank you for looking into this and i hope they will stars picking up the reviews in the future
                www.3000rpm.com

Comment

We Never Ignore Calls!

3000rpm, Feefo Bill didnt address your issue concerning the 8 calls you have made to Feefo without any success. I have to say, I find this incredibly hard to believe and would be delighted for you to advise me of the number you called, and the person you have spoken to each time?? We are a small team but very professional and responsive and have NEVER had this sort of comment before. Even if the call goes to our answering service, they are incredibly polite and professional too and will always be willing to ensure a response to any call. Please do email me (andrew@feefo.com) to advise.

Regards

Comment

Wow - didn't know I was meant to go to Actinic with any problems - have been chatting happily with Feefo with a few queries and they have offered great service every time. As I'm in Aus have used email and has taken up to a couple of days to resolve issues - but have to admit that so far I've been well impressed with both Feefo and the response from our customers. Sorry to hear you've been having a harder time 3000rpm and hope it's sorted soon

Comment

email sent to advise of my problems
                      www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Have to say on the one occasion I rang with a list of dumb questions I was pleasantly surprised at the help the Feefo guys gave me.
                        www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Googlebase reviews

Since answering your comments on this thread, I have been spurred into investigating Googlebase further.

The sad news is that Google does not use the reviews posted to Googlebase. It only makes them available to third parties. If you, or we, want our reviews to be used by Google on their shopping pages, then we have to wait until they choose to use Feefo reviews (as they currently use Amazon reviews). We'll be doing our best to persuade them to use them.

Comment

thank you for looking into this

there are 2 different reviews in googlebase

there is one for the actual products

and then there is the one for the seller - this is the one im more interested in, it shows seller rating on googlebase and has a star system and how many seller ratings, the seller ratings from sites such as

ReviewCentre.com
                            PriceGrabber.co.uk
                            Dooyoo.co.uk
                            ResellerRatings.com
                            etc etc

all these sites are review sites and are independant so i thought that feefo as its an independant impartial review site would be picked up by google to show the seller ratings.

you can see a sample here of a sites seller ratings

http://www.google.co.uk/products/sel...=0CCAQlQgwBTgA

if feefo showed up here i think would be very good, when i shop i always go for not only lowest price but the company with the most and best seller ratings as they seem to be the more reputable companies
                            www.3000rpm.com

Comment

Feefo and Google Adwords Seller Ratings

Hi

I've been trying to get to the bottom of this too.

The email response from Google Customer Service is as follows:

I am sorry to hear that your CTR has reduced. I believe you are referring to the seller rating extensions.
                              If it is seller rating extensions that you are referring to, then please do note that seller rating extensions will only work for any business that has >= 4 star rating (with > 30 reviews) on Google Product Search.
                              The customer reviews will appear in your ads and will be reflected in the star ratings. The number of reviews along with the link will also be present.
                              Coming to the start of using 'feebo'. Google is in no way affiliated with this site so any feedback reviewed there will not affect your campaign.
                              Please do let me know if I have correctly understood your query. If not, please do feel free to write back anytime.

Clear as mud - and who's Feebo?! I think he meant Feefo!

Actinic are trying to help, but nobody seems able to get to the bottom of a very important question for Feefo / Actinic users.

Grahame
                              Parties in a Box
                              http://www.partiesinabox.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X