V9 snapshot in v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Mike,

I have exported and on import it is saying that the file does not exist? but I exported it ok.!!!

Hi Duncan, I have had it turned off for over a year now , thanks.

Comment

Darren

Sorry, your many post re opening .mdb files directly and seeing the wrong contents has totally confused me. If you know how to peruse the contents of the mdb files then that required a considerable amount of skill, yet you say you're a novice.

What you say is happening, is so improbable as to also be difficult to grasp.

You say "If I export a snapshot from v10 it is the old v9 site". How do you know this?
      A Snapshot is only readable if imported into another Actinic system or you delve deep into it with tools like WinRAR and then Access.

It would help (and we want to help) if you describe steps you're taking clearly - like Mike does in post #29. I.e instead of saying "open" tell us exactly how.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Darren,

Odd that it can't find the file. Just to avoid it getting confused, try saving another snapshot with a unique filename (something like 'unique-snaphot'). Then try importing that file. Do you get the same problem?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Darren,

When you import a snapshot you have to first open Actinic, then you have to select the snapshot import file from the file \ snapshot \ import file option. Snapshot import remembers the last file that you tried to import so it might be that it is remembering one you have now removed.

When you do this one of the first steps is to specify the file to import, you can browse to the file to make sure that it exists.

I think you are accidentally choosing to use a different file that doesn't exist anymore.

You might need to call Actinic support (assuming you have cover) and get them to talk you through that step.

Cheers,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi guys and gals, sorry I have been out of the office for a couple of days,

Hi Norman,

thank's for your reply, I open actinic v10 from the shortcut on the desktop, then I go in to files export snapshot and save it to the desktop, the saved acd file shows on the desktop, with the date and site 1, with v10 still open I click on the acd file to open it and then v9 starts and opens the site, to reveil the old v9 site.

If I go to documents open v10 look through the contents and to find the mdb flie and double clic on it it brings up the old v 9 site.

I have exported a snapshot to the desktop from v 10 and tried to import it but have had an error message saying that the file cannot be found.

After a few more error messages saying the same thing I get an warning message to say that the import will overwrite my existing site.

I am reluctant to import as I do not know if this is the old v 9 site, which will on import, delete the v 10 site.

As I have no back up from what I can find ie. snapshot, mdb file I could loose all the v 10 settings and products.

My problem is that I can't be sure the snapshot is actually v10.

Mike,
            I have tried saving the snapshot with a unique name as sugested in a previous post by Jan, I can import it but again reluctant to as I could loose the v 10 site.

Hi Jan,

I think if I can't solve this problem today I will reinstate cover and upgrade to v11.

I have a feeling the v10 program is corrupted I have had duplicate invoice numbers for different customers buying totally different items on different days.

Darren.

Comment

Hi Darren,

You cannot click on an acd file to import it into Actinic, that will just open the associated program which in your case is Actinic v9

You have to go to your open copy of V10, choose file / snapshot / import snapshot and follow the instructions there to import the file. If you get a file not found error, it is because you have put the wrong filename into the box where you specify the snapshot name - try browsing to your file.

What are you actually trying to do? Exporting a snapshot from V10 and importing it again will do nothing.

The duplicate invoice numbers are probably caused by a corrupt database, I would recommend you take that up with support.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

As Norman, Jan, me and everyone else has been saying. Don't double click on an ACD file to open it, use file>snapshot>import.

The problem you're having, as Norman said several days ago, is that you've associated V9 with the ACD filetype in windows which is why V9 is opening. Most likely because in the past when you first did this windows asked what program to use with the acd file and you told it Actinic V9.

If you want to be able to import a snapshot you have to actually do the import. It's no use, and illogical, to say "I don't want to try it because it might not work". Or do you think that playing around with your way that doesn't work is in any way the safer alternative?

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

You are doing exactly as I surmised (and you erroneously refuted). I think it has to be said: Do you still have the box the computer came in?
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi right I think I have sorted it.

I have another licence key so I opened actinic v 10 changed name on file to export, exported to desktop.

changed to other site in actinic v 10 and inported snapshot to new site.

seems to have worked got some error messages but have v10 site.

Thanks for all of your help, after working through it thought I had nothing to loose using other licence key site, as it was a blank site.

Darren.

Comment

Working...
                    X