Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are there ALT tags on images in actinic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are there ALT tags on images in actinic??

just wondered if there is a way of making alt tags appear when you hover over an image?

as this is supposed to help search engine ranking

currently nothing appears on my site when you hover an image

Tooltips

And IE8 doesn't show it I have found as well. The tool-tip in a browser is only supposed to pop-up if the title attribute is used if the browser is standards compliant. You can also use the title attribute on hyper links as well if you want.
    Note: Firefox "limits" the number of characters in the tip to 255, any more and it gets truncated.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

The Alt tag is designed to be read by Search Engines not human visitors, so don't be too concerned if you can't see them.

Do make sure they're being used though. You'll normally find that a default site with use Section Name or Product Name for your alt tags.

It's also very good practice to save your images with descriptive file names too.

Take a looat this blog post I wrote on Optimising Images, you may find it useful.

Army Gore-tex
      Winter Climbing Mitts
      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
      X