Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot open Actinic - help needed please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot open Actinic - help needed please.

Hi,

I’m rather hoping someone (probably Actinic Support) is able to help me with an issue I have.

We are using Actinic v9 and Actinic EPOS v3.10; this has been working well for us up until the last few days when we have run into problems with Actinic v9 refusing to open, and stopping with a fatal error message and creating a dump file.

This seems to happen after products have been imported from EPOS, when you try to re-arrange their location within the content tree.

Sorry to be vague, but I don’t have much to do with this side of things, yet I seem to be the one here asked to sort the problems out….

The last few times this has happened, I have made a copy of the ‘Backup.mdb’ file, and renamed in to ‘ActinicCatalog.mdb’, which has put us back to where we were before it went wrong, so we were able to try again.

Generally when we try a second time, it works.

Unfortunately, this time a copy of the ‘Backup.mdb’ file wasn’t taken; instead it was just renamed. As you can probably guess, we tried the operation again (importing and re-arranging the products) and it failed.

So, I now have a no current backup (my ‘previous.mdb’ file is over a week old), and an ‘ActinicCatalog.mdb’ file which contains errors.

I was wondering whether the dump file contains sufficient information in order to correct the errors I have in my ‘ActinicCatalog.mdb’ file; and if so how I achieve it.

Also, it would be good to know what the root cause of this problem is, so that we can try and prevent it happening in future.

Many thanks for any help given.

Make sure you keep a copy of your uncorrupted backup file.

Then import the products from ePos and before rearranging them, make a second backup (by copying the file to a differently named one).

Then compact and repair your database (from the housekeeping menu) and try again.

If you are still getting crashes, contact Actinic support for help, they will need your uncorrupted database (after the import), the crash dump file and details of which product you were moving when the crash happened.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan

Since my post yesterday, I have restored my aged backup, and I've been editing it to reflect how it was before the corruption.

Meanwhile, I have also been looking at the import files created by EPOS, and have noticed that there are spaces in the product reference for the products which caused the problem.

I'm almost certain that this is the root cause of my problems, so I shall be amending that later on today and trying again.

I'll post my results for reference.

Many thanks for your help.

Nick.

Comment

Working...
      X