Google Shopping in 16.01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rookers View Post
    We would have to FTP to the site, retrieve it, edit, send it back - and do that every time we upload! What a pain !!
    I did say "temporary workaround".....
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Hi - yes, Thanks Air-Tec - I am frustrated at Sellerdeck, not your helpful reply.

Here is the latest - so perhaps it is not going to be so temporary as they are basically says "tough":

FROMM SELLERDECK:
      Development have read your last comment and have advised that the workaround provided is one of two workarounds we can offer you currently.

The other was to remove shipping classes that would result in Google feed identifying them as the lowest shipping cost.

I realise this is not ideal for your operations however this was the original design for v16 Google shopping feed.
      ---

So basically their solution is:

Work-around one involves making a product that costs 3.50 to send, FREE.
      Work-around two involves removing our well-used Collect-From-Store feature.

I am sorry, I do not see how either of these are acceptable work-arounds.

I do not care that this falls within the “Design” for v16 google shopping feed. I didn’t design it and yet I am forced to use this obviously buggy implementation. The design is obviously completely flawed and needs changing.

Comment

I am so disappointed with this "innovation" for v16. I've fiddled around with it so much that my head is exploding as is my temper. Why make it so complicated? Why can I only get one product to be submitted when I have the variables in place and filled? My shopping feed is utterly trashed when it had worked 100% successfully on v14. Thanks a bunch Sellerdeck.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Here's the latest error:

"Feed Errors

XML formatting error1 error.
          Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed. Learn more
          Examples:
          Line No. Column No.
          3,073"

How can there be an error like that when the feed is generated by the bloody software?
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I gave up and used Andy at codepath - his catalog order export is simple (I'm clueless) and totally configurable.
            https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Do you have a copy of the XML file?
              I virtually had to rewrite the layout to make it work the way i needed.

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                Here's the latest error:

"Feed Errors

XML formatting error1 error.
                Our system encountered an error when processing your data feed. Learn more
                Examples:
                Line No. Column No.
                3,073"

How can there be an error like that when the feed is generated by the bloody software?
                That error looks like you might be missing a closing tag somewhere, probably at the end of the product data.

Comment

Originally posted by Dealec View Post
                  That error looks like you might be missing a closing tag somewhere, probably at the end of the product data.
                  Agreed - but this should not happen in an out of the box layout. I'm damned if I should spend time fixing it.

Comment

Agreed, the change without warning was the most annoying part.

Comment

I guess the XML is easily to change / fix, which allows Sellerdeck customers to keep up with the changes that Google keep on making to their requirements.
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Update: the feed works on 16.0.2

Comment

Working...
                        X