Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dynamic price for first (or only) product not displaying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic price for first (or only) product not displaying.

Hi,

I have recently upgraded to version 16.0.1.

I first noticed that some products prices were not displaying the dynamic price. In short, the problem is the first instance of a dynamic price on a page is not displaying.

Example 1: If there is a single product on a page and the product is set to "Recalculate Prices Dynamically = True" then the price is not displayed.

Example 2: If there are multiple products on a page and ALL products are set to "Recalculate Prices Dynamically = True" then the price of the FIRST product is not displayed.

Example 3: If there are multiple products on a page. The first product is set to "Recalculate Prices Dynamically = False". All the other products are set to "Recalculate Prices Dynamically = True". The first product WITH PRICE SET TO RECALCULATE DYNAMICALLY (i.e. the second product on the page), the price is not displayed.

I have taken a look at the "Source" on the page and noticed the following.
    Where the price is displayed correctly (i.e. NOT the first dynamically priced product on the page), the source is:
    "style="display: inline"><span class="product-price"> £26.00"
    And where the price is NOT displayed (i.e. where the first dynamic price SHOULD be), the source is:
    "style="display: none; visibility: hidden;"><span class="product-price"> £26.00"
    So, for some reason, the price is being hidden!

What I have done to try and fix it.

Firstly, I published the "old" site from version 14.0.1. - Dynamic prices worked!

Second. From SD16.0.1, File > Import Sites . . and then import the "old" v14 site and publish to web. - Dynamic prices DIDN'T work!

I have looked at the various layouts which are used to see if there is anything obvious but all seems OK.

I have noticed that when I go to the "Design Tab", there is a coding error, "A JavaScript error has been found on the page (''g_oConfig' is undefined - line32 char 8263'). Whether this is anything to do with this problem, I don't know.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Stuart Robinson

Robinson Polytunnels

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I have not updated to SD16 because I was told there was a bug in 16.0 where dynamic prices would not update. I was told it would be fixed in 16.1.

The problem was where an item had hidden products as different choices, the dynamic price would not update.

Now I have started using 16.1 in test mode and the prices on my site are not updating dynamically. I assumed it has been fixed but as I still have the problem and you have something similar I am wondering if it is not fixed.

Comment

Further to this I have now found that if I use one of the default layouts dynamic prices work. If I import my webshop design into the default shop, dynamic prices stop updating. It is obviously something about my design, rather than a Sellerdeck problem. I may have to redo the design from scratch and import that over my current shop. If I do find out the problem I will post it here.

Comment

You could try reverting the relevant layouts to factory settings one at a time by right-clicking them in the Library. Start with the Standard Javascript Header Functions layout, then 'Dynamic Choices Prices', testing after each one. Work your way outwards through the Product Price and Product layouts until you fix the issue. Copy each layout before you revert it, so that you have a record of your own originals.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks for the advice. It takes ages to upload the full shop which I have to do to see if the dynamic prices work - it only shows up when the site is on line. I may stay working with the smaller basic site and change the design on that and apply it to the main shop when it looks right, Either way a lot of work just to get something that worked ok on Sellerdeck 2014 into Sellerdeck 2016.

Is it possible some other setting changes just by importing a design? Maybe it is not in the layout code at all but in site settings or some where else? I found a dynamic price update option in site settings which is set the same as Sellerdeck 2014. Is there an option anywhere else?

Comment

Importing a design can certainly change site level settings, but all the settings for dynamic pricing are in the same place.

The settings can also be overridden at section and product level, but again, the settings are all together, in the Properties tab.

It's also possible that the upgrader was unable to insert some code change or other due to a layout customisation. If it can't work out where to insert a piece of code, it has to skip it. In such a case it adds a warning to the log.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I thought I would try your suggestion and imported a new snapshot of the 2014 site in 2016. The dynamic prices worked immediately. I don't know what the difference was (apart from importing a later snapshot).

Comment

Working...
              X