Sellerdeck in 2 locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck in 2 locations

In the next year or so our business will be across 2 locations, but we would still need to access everything at both locations.

I'm pretty sure that Sellerdeck won't work in this way, but is there a way that we could network the computers over the internet so that Sellerdeck will allow an additional user, thinking it is on the same network?

My only solution so far is either a portable laptop, or Logmein, neither will be that acceptable.

Any ideas or have I just simply outgrown Sellerdeck?
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Can you not just create a VPN tunnel from the second location into your network where Sellerdeck is?

You may need to change your router(s) to one's that can support VPN tunneling. It shouldn't be too expensive.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike,

I know nothing of VPN so I feel encouraged that this may work.

I will research this, many thanks.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Draytek routers are said to be good for this and reasonable priced.

The whole VPN tunneling things is explained here: https://www.draytek.co.uk/informatio...y/vpn-overview

This also allows remote workers to securely log in to the network remotely using a software client.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Jason,
          I recall several years ago a few people indicating that linking Sellerdeck across a VPN was too slow to be usable. That was pre-fibre connection days however, so it may be workable. I certainly recall that the old versions of the database Jet Engines didn't handle the VPN very well at all.
          A quick search of "VPN" on community yields several examples, along with a couple of more positive results.
          Mike's post is pretty much what you need to know about VPN.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I do all the development work off still and maintain Sellerdeck remotely which works pretty well, sometimes it is too slow. I log into the server using Logmein and take it over. It is not ideal but enable me to carry on.

Do say how you get on.

Thanks Mash
            Mash

Comment

Not for Sellerdeck but we use Hamachi from LogMeIn to create a vpn which allows us to run a copy of the software at a second location without having to use a wan version. The software company came up with the solution as we were essentially using the same data. (we did have to buy an additional user licence) It works well

Comment

Hi Buzby,

This might help - explains how to do it for One Stop Order Processing but the same could be applied to Sellerdeck.

http://moleend.helpserve.com/Knowled...r-the-internet

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                X