Timestamp on sales orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timestamp on sales orders

Following on from the other problem I have encountered since upgrading from 16.0.1 to 16.0.3 this weekend, I now have another problem.

I have noticed that orders are no longer displaying the time at which they are completed/paid for on my website. Instead, orders are now displaying the time at which I downloaded them into SellerDeck.
    So, whereas before upgrading to 16.0.3 I could have downloaded five orders all at once but they would still have had individual order times displayed against them in SellerDeck, now all five orders look as though they were all paid for at the same time, but they were not. So the time of the order displayed is incorrect - it's showing the 'downloaded from server' time instead of the 'order received and paid for' time.

Has anybody else had this (or my other problem linked to above)? Can't wait to discover the next bizarre consequence of my most recent upgrade

Have you tried a compact and repair of the database? If not it might be worth trying.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike, thank you. Actually, although I had compacted the database a couple of times in relation to my other issue at the weekend, I hadn't actually tried it for this issue. I have just noticed that the incorrect time-stamping issue only started last night just after 6pm (and not since I upgraded, as I initially thought).

So I have just compacted the database and I'll wait until I get a few orders so that I can download them all together. I'll update here once I have done that. Fingers crossed ...

Comment

Unfortunately compacting the database made no difference. This problem is actually really annoying because when you have downloaded a lot of orders at the same time, they aren't displayed in chronological order. Nor are the packing lists/invoices printed in chronological order. Apart from downloading orders as many times as I can during the day so that each order has a unique time (but that would only work if no more than one order was downloaded on each occasion) that doesn't work in the mornings when I download the orders that have come in overnight. They are all mixed up, and it's a real pain.

I have remembered what I was doing at the time this problem commenced. I have a filtered section on my website, and I wanted to add an extra (already existing) variable which happened to be a 'true/false' variable. I got a couple of pop-ups saying "this version of SellerDeck" does not support something about integers with -6492847 and 54729237 (or something like that). Out of frustration, I ended up changing the variable type from 'true/false' to 'list of choices' (and having to re-populate the field on over 100 products!). Anyway, that's what I was doing at the time so I'm wondering/guessing that has somehow cocked things up.

Would you, or anybody else, happen to have any other suggestions? I'm not sure if uninstalling and reinstalling SellerDeck would help, but I'm willing to try if anybody thinks that might help.

Comment

Hi
          I think this might be related to a problem reported when downloading orders, that if you into Business Settings, Order Processing, there is a tick box at the bottom that says "reset date ordered on full payment received".

If that box if ticked I think the result is what you are seeing - all the orders have the same date when you download them.

Have a look, let me know.
          Cheers
          Jez

Comment

I seem to remember it was a problem when 16.0 cam out and was a simple tick box that solved it
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks Jez and Chris ... I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday as well, who told me about the tick box but I didn't get chance to come back here and update. All fixed now. Never even come across that tick box before - why is it even a thing?! Anyway, thanks to all for your help - much appreciated.

Comment

For unknown reasons, Sellerdeck decided not only to introduce that setting in v16 and not tell anyone, but decided to have it ticked by default. It was supposed to have been fixed in later versions - apparently not.
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Jules - bizarre!

Comment

Oh, and now another setting has mysteriously changed .... I've just gone to print some packing lists, and SellerDeck is suddenly wanting to send them to my PDF creator. I have never printed packing lists to PDF - I was sending packing lists to my printer as usual last night and certainly didn't change the print destination at any point (I wouldn't have any need to).

Obviously it's not a problem as I can just change it back, but it's making me wonder what other surprises I am in for over the next few days

Comment

Working...
                    X