Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I upload my store without FTP access to my server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I upload my store without FTP access to my server?

Yes. SellerDeck uploads its files via FTP. If a user is not able to have FTP access to his or her cgi-bin directory, it is possible to work around this by having the user manually generate the files that are normally transmitted to the website via FTP. The rest of the site can then be transmitted via HTTP. These can then be passed onto the ISP to be installed on the web site by the ISP.

In order to manually generate the files required, the user must carry out the following:

1. Start SellerDeck

2. Set all the Network Preferences (found at Web | Network Setup) except the FTP details. (Refer to the main help file if required.)

3. Go to 'Advanced | Generate Scripts'. Follow the directions to install the files that are normally FTPed to your web site.

To update your web site installation:

Transfer the CGI scripts to the CGI-BIN on your web server:

nq000001.pl
    ms000001.pl
    ca000001.pl
    os000001.pl
    bb000001.pl
    ss000001.pl
    sh000001.pl
    md000001.pl
    al000001.pm
    ad000001.pm
    as000001.pm
    di000001.pm
    ae000001.pm
    ao000001.pm

Create the SellerDeck Ecommerce web site directory ('acatalog')

Place the Java applet archive files in the SellerDeck Ecommerce web site directory:

encrypt.zip
    encrypt.cab

Create a subdirectory tree (COM/SellerDeck/Catalog) off of your catalog web site directory and place the loose Java applet class files in it:

EA.class
    BOS.class
    OB.class
    OR.class
    R.class
    TD.class
    S.class
    FI.class
    IC.class

If the web server is a UNIX server, be sure to set the proper executable permissions on the CGI scripts.The CGI scripts can be found in C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\. The applet archives and loose classes can be found in C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\.

Once the files are in place, the user needs to use the 'Web | Update Website' menu option to complete the upload process.

If the user changes their network preferences or selects the 'Web | Refresh Website' menu option, SellerDeck will regenerate all of the "base" files and it will appear to SellerDeck that these files need to be uploaded, even if the vendor did a "manual" install immediately before the refresh. This is not a serious problem and it can be worked around. The correct operation should be as follows:

1. Change some network settings or prepare for a refresh.

2. Select the 'Web | Generate Scripts' menu option.

3. Manually install the base files at the web site if they have changed at all.

4. Select either the 'Web | Update Website' menu option or the 'Web | Refresh Website' menu option.

5. A warning will be shown, explaining that the base files need to be uploaded. Click the OK button.

6. Let the upload complete.

7. Select the 'Web | Generate Scripts' menu option. Again but don't transfer any files to the web site.

8. Further uploads will complete without the warning from step 5.
Working...
X