Paypal problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jules

I've added an item to the wish list for your request (ticket WL-3242). I can confirm that the integration returns all of the details that PayPal accepts when a new delivery address is added in Express Checkout, and also the buyer's email address. I'm not particularly an expert on that integration, and it may be that PayPal limits what else can be passed back to the website. It's certainly something I can ask them about.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Bruce, it happens all the time. This order yesterday shows clear absence of details being transferred from PayPal into Sellerdeck.

PayPal receipt shows company name:

Sellerdeck receipt does not have company name:

Attached Files
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I checked with our test account, the only information I could see that wasn't passed was the phone number. (Probably our test buyer's account is a personal one and hence doesn't have a company name).

I asked PayPal about it, they said this:
        "we return phone numbers only when “On (required)” option is selected within the merchants PayPal account. if buyer does not have a phone number (unlikely in UK, different in other markets) PayPal will show an “Insert phone number” on our pages. So, if you have merchants who always need the phone number and use express, they need to check this is set correctly in their payment receiving preferences."

So AIUI, whatever fields you want, you need to set them as required in your PayPal account.

As an alternative they did suggest we could capture the data on the order confirmation page. However that would be more work for the buyer, and require additional development on our side.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Well that's unsatisfactory. As my post said, checking every PayPal email kind of defeats the USP that Sellerdeck is a fully functional, PSP-integrated piece of software.

Another issue - if the PayPal account holder selects someone else to receive the item, that information is ALSO not passed across to Sellerdeck.

PayPal:

Sellerdeck:

Attached Files
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
            So, if you have merchants who always need the phone number and use express, they need to check this is set correctly in their payment receiving preferences."

So AIUI, whatever fields you want, you need to set them as required in your PayPal account.
            Cannot find where to set these preferences. Can someone help me out please.

Comment

It can be a nightmare finding stuff in paypal. This should help you.

<Link deleted as it was an old thread and no longer valid>

Sorry, that's an old post so everything is different. Go to:

Profile > Selling preferences > My Website Preferences.
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Mike. I thought I'd looked there. I'd like an opportunity to do something about the other missing fields, too, which Bruce suggests is also possible.

Comment

I'd like an opportunity to do something about the other missing fields, too, which Bruce suggests is also possible
                  I'm not so sure this can be done in PayPal settings. It's certainly nothing I've come across.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

No, me neither. Perhaps Sellerdeck could get a PayPal expert onto this as Bruce admits he's not one.

Comment

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=57237

Major issue with Paypal payments going to PSP Pending?
                      Seriously only now?

I hope in their investigation, they will also fix the bug reference I had of PSP-566 = a bug in the software causing some Paypal Website Payments going to PSP Pending

Comment

Just updating how to find the IPN settings for anyone who needs them> it's now at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/custo...ile-ipn-notify

Comment

Since going from 16.03 to 16.06 my PayPal has stopped working when the customer is logged in with all the details and when continue is pressed a nice cg-binfile error comes up. Ive checked all my original setting from the past 5 years and all are the same and checked in PayPal but its stopped communicating.
                          I have several site domains so putting in https://www.domanname.co.uk/cgi-bin/ will not work for me as I would imagine. /cgi-bin/ doesn't work as a full domain name is required.
                          I would test it but my PayPal doesn't work to start with.

Comment

Working...
                          X