Actinic User Conference - latest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic User Conference - latest

We have now finalised details of the conference and I do feel that we have an excellent line up.

To see details of the latetst confirmed speakers and some new sessions please visit www.actinic.co.uk/userconference2009.

We're not full yet, but we're heading that way so please book now if you don't want to be disappointed.

Chris

and be followed by networking drinks until 6:00pm
    I think that may be slightly underestimated Chris ;-), you have seen who's going haven't you? *Looks at Tracey & Kathy*

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
      I think that may be slightly underestimated Chris ;-), you have seen who's going haven't you? *Looks at Tracey & Kathy*
      Hmmm - I'll have you know that I am actually T-Total and as for Ms Hand I wouldn't like to comment as she is currently away and can't defend herself
      Kathy Newman

Comment

Will there be an official post with any news regarding the latest v10 additions?
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George, we'll put some more details in the monthly update, which is due before the end of the month.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
            Will there be an official post with any news regarding the latest v10 additions?
            Are you on twitter? #actinic09 will show you all the posts from yesterday until the monthly update is released.

Army Gore-tex
            Winter Climbing Mitts
            Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

Cheers for the reply boss, we'll look forward to it.
              Football Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                Are you on twitter? #actinic09 will show you all the posts from yesterday until the monthly update is released.

Aye, but the FACTS got suffocated by the nonsense.
                Football Heaven

Comment

LOL...

Just my take on it:

http://rich-brady.blogspot.com/2009/...10s-big-3.html

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  Twitter LinkedIN

Comment

I'm looking forward to the post. Seeing Rich's blog, and some other comments I'd heard, there seems to be some confusion about what the RT stock control does and how it works.

Mike
                    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike

I understood the talk and demonstration by Ben to be the same as Rich ie that real time stock control will be achieved by your pc being constantly on so connected to the web 24 hours a day, and auto up/download will adjust stock levels on the site. Not by a database being remote from your pc.

I still haven't been able to find out if the Feefo customer feedback is on our site or feefo's ?

Regards

Nigel
                      Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by plantsforshade View Post
                        ie that real time stock control will be achieved by your pc being constantly on so connected to the web 24 hours a day, and auto up/download will adjust stock levels on the site. Not by a database being remote from your pc.
                        That's how I understood it. You set it up, in Actinic, almost like a 'scheduled task' to sync it between orders/desktop and the server again.
                        That was how I understood it, anyway.
                        Tracey

Comment

Stock control will work on the server i.e. when a customer completes an order, their order quantity is reduced from the available stock in the on-line dataset (a file rather than a database). The upload from your PC is there to capture off-line stock changes i.e. MOTO orders, cancellations, stock adjustments, etc. So, no, you won't need to leave your PC on to have real time stock control. The only bit that is still unclear to me is how PSP-Pending orders are handled i.e. is stock reduced at checkout completion or after the callback from the PSP?
                          ActiveStock
                          On-line, real-time stock control plug-in for Actinic V7, V8 and V9
                          **New - Captcha plug-in for your Contact Us form**

ActiveStock website
                          Free 30 Day Trial
                          ActiveStock Blog (including a new tutorial on a 'Sort By' function for long section pages)

Comment

Originally posted by plantsforshade View Post
                            I still haven't been able to find out if the Feefo customer feedback is on our site or feefo's ?
                            I believe the feedback is all stored on the Feefo site and you just have a link through to their site to view the site ratings.

A couple of sites that use Feefo and you can see it in action are: http://www.ctshirts.co.uk and http://www.clifford-james.co.uk

The feedback cannot be moderated which is both a positive and negative feature. It will improve customer confidence if it is clear that the ratings are not edited but this could back fire if you have a problem that results in lots of negative comments.

It appears that the Feefo service was originally a free service, they then introduced paid for Pro version and now the free version is no longer.
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse
                            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Ben did confirm that stock adjustments were only made after successful, completed checkout orders so presumably this covers 'payment sent later' type orders (cheques, CC sent separately etc) but not ones that don't ultimately get paid/completed.
                              I'd be interested to know HOW Actinic knows though?
                              Receipt page generation is...flaky..at best. Especially with Paypal..but who's to say if it's successful any other way?
                              Tracey

Comment

Working...
                              X