Sellerdeck lacking basic management data output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck lacking basic management data output

We have account customers, shop sales and the internet plus cash sales, Paypal and offline & online cards

Sellerdeck has not changed its report section since i started using in in i think 2004 opps looks like 2002

We can all get data from google and analytics but SD should provide some basic sales info tools that are compatible with the present day. Strangely these days many owners or managers find data interesting and some even use graphs to analyze the data

Maybe as all information is held by Access sellerdeck could supply a add on that presented this data
    Chris Ashdown

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
    We have account customers, shop sales and the internet plus cash sales, Paypal and offline & online cards

Sellerdeck has not changed its report section since i started using in in i think 2004 opps looks like 2002

We can all get data from google and analytics but SD should provide some basic sales info tools that are compatible with the present day. Strangely these days many owners or managers find data interesting and some even use graphs to analyze the data

Maybe as all information is held by Access sellerdeck could supply a add on that presented this data
    The freebie extension Sales Dashboard provides some of what you are asking for, this extension was designed to be extended to accomodates users requests but there have been none so far.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Cannot find this plug in, nothing showing in extensions except disabled and cannot find anything on sellerdeck

Any clues where i can download this file
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/index.ph...tensions-store which I found by putting "extensions" into the search box that's on every sellerdeck.co.uk page. That page has a scrolling box on it so what you want may need scrolling down to.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman

They do go out of their way to make things hard don't they
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Yes. I couldn't find it via their main nav' so gave up and used the Search.

The Site Map also lists it but that's a tiny link buried at the bottom the main page.

And they're the ones who give us lectures on usability, etc.

Comment

It's definitely got the makings of a useful tool, strange they don't advertise it more and make it easy to find, which makes me think it must be a add on from independent designer rather than sellerdeck produced
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

It's from Tod Designs. There's a link to them on the SD more information page.

Comment

It's definitely got the makings of a useful tool, strange they don't advertise it more and make it easy to find, which makes me think it must be a add on from independent designer rather than sellerdeck produced
                  It is one of ours and the revised web site makes it a lot harder to find than before. We have just released a second extension 'Stock Reminder' that links with the Real Time Stock Control adding a new button when an item is out of stock that allows customers to register for an email when product is back in stock. There is a 28 day free option to allow users to trial the extension.

There is also a section of this forum dedicated to extensions http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=161

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

Cannot find this plug in, nothing showing in extensions except disabled and cannot find anything on sellerdeck

Any clues where i can download this file
                    The downloading of extensions is built into SellerDeck 2016, there is a new tab on the DeskTop marked 'Extensions Catalogue' where you can find all the details.

Extensions can also add new tabs to the Desktop, both Sales Dashboard and the Stock Reminder do this so all the information you need to manage the Extensions is in the same place. Some extesnions that do not need a tab simply add to the existing menus, an example is the 'Duplicate Page Name Checker' extension.

Malcolm

Custom Packages

Comment

We have done quite a bit of report writing for Sellerdeck Ecommerce and Sellerdeck EPOS, so we have quite a bit of work already done. As it is MSAccess I am sure we can create what you need really easily and with not a huge outlay.
                      One example of this of a report that is really useful we created:
                      Last Year v This Year by periods specified, drilling down to SKUs and parent detail with Current stock levels, so you can see Trends and overstocks too.
                      You may have to help prep your data as you want it, for example:
                      Style, Cloth, Colour, Size. You might want to see just Style with all the options rolled up into this "Parent Code", you will have to help prep your data in to parent, child items. etc.

Give us a call and we can chat about your needs and what we can do, don't feel you cannot state your budget too from the get go. We have done most of the work already, so its just customising it for your needs.

All the best
                      Andrew & Jo
                      https://www.rbosystems.com

Comment

We would be interested too, it would be nice to get a better handle on what is happening, usually we get data after the event rather during.

Also working out which customer accounts are active, when they started shopping with you, the last last time they order. If it has been awhile, collect those customers and send an email offer to get them back.

The data is there but it is hard work mining it.

I will get in touch.

Thanks Mash
                        Mash

Comment

How are you guys and girls dealing with old orders ?

To keep the data base down i only keep the last 3 months worth of orders IE use the house keeping option and remove the orders, i do take a back up first so sort of still have them is a way.

Just thinking about your sales data surly you have have to keep X amount of months years of orders to get any useful data

Comment

We take various approaches to it, I always keep backups of the data so we can go back and review it. We have reports which get data straight from the database so we can go back to older database if necessary.

When we have rolled over shops between versions of Sellerdeck, we have kept the old one so we can go back a look at orders usually collection address information or people asking what they have before. So only taking current orders and accounts into the new version.

We have shop running SD13 who has a couple of years of orders, it can be a little slow sometimes with the orders but still running fine. I am in the process moving that over to SD16, this time I may just move over the accounts and leave the old SD13 to process any outstanding orders then mothball it. New orders will come down on SD16.

It is a shame you can't achieve the orders instead of deleting them, even achieve them to separate database so you can at any point review orders or report on sales but it stop the main database getting too bloated.

Recently I felt that we are getting left behind with Sellerdeck, we can't intergrate it with Mailchimp, sales information is limited. I can't say who is our longest customer is or how frequent people order with us, useful info when planning marketing and vital when building a business.

M
                            Mash

Comment

Holding a large database of old orders I used to trim it to about the last year, but since installing SD Disk which made a massive difference to the speed of operations I know have three years data and growing with out loosing speed

SD disks are the way to go and the cheapest update around
                              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                              X