Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck just keeps breaking and breaking and breaking

Hello,

So we have an annual turnover of around 1.5 million and we have around 10 sites running on Sellerdeck 2016.

We have had nothing but issues from the start, with orders going missing, orders corrupting, the payment page freezes so we loose about 50% of our prospective customers, all these issues are still ongoing and Sellerdeck business support has not been able to sort them, they keep telling us to go to our host. Spoken with our host provider and they cannot fix Sellerdeck software issues, it is nothing to do with them.

Had issues with data feeds, google shopping and EAN numbers not being picked up.

Now I have come in and the order processing page keeps crashing and freezing, so no one can actually download orders right now. In a company of our size, these are huge issues and I have been working on fixing these for 10 months, with nothing working.

How do I proceed. Should someone from Sellerdeck come here, as we are paying for expensive business support and yet non of our problems are being fixed.

We just upgraded to the latest release, but that has not fixed anything either.

Is Sellerdeck just not capable of running a high volume of business through the system?

We have had an independent programmer come out and he has said Sellerdeck is just not up to the job and could not fix the issues. He was a .NET programmer.

Comment

I feel your pain Vicky, i really do.

On the resent web cast announcing 365 i questioned if they felt sellerdeck desktop was up to dealing with all these new customers and orders they were trying drive to the web sites with there new marketing drive?

I just feel that SD has gone in a new direction (which they openly admit to doing) but i just dont think the software is up to the task, not the desktop version anyway.

I look at my competitors and they have much more user friendly Ecom sites, not from the customer point of view for buying from the site, but from the back end operation of handling multiple parts numbers, handling shipping, dealing with customers CRM, exporting the orders to something other than sage, etc etc.

I am actively looking elsewhere for a new platform now, I feel if i dont we will get left behind

Comment

Issues

Hi Vicky,

I am curiously waiting for the SellerDeck's response to this post. I am still having to manually send digital links out because of a known bug. Having had the problem since 2014 one would think it would have been sorted. I don't think I get as many crashes as you but do get a lot of other problems and we pay for support. I don't have the manpower/time/money for someone to sit there in front of the machine and fix them all.

I plan to switch a couple of my sites over to SellerDeck hosting as soon as I get a chance then see if all my problems go away. If they don't it will be a meeting with Phil Rothwell so they get some attention.

I wish you well in getting it sorted.

Phil
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd
        www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
        www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
        www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
        www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Thank you, very interesting that we are not alone.

Been getting grief from our customer service department for months and it wasn't until something worked on Saturday afternoon then had crashed by Monday morning that they have believed it's not me tinkering.

Comment

Hi Vicky

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having. I've spoken to our technical support manager and he will arrange for someone from support to contact you about your present problem.

I understand that for a business of your size, you do need to invest well in a platform and service that you can rely on. We have a number of companies your size and larger that are running very successfully and happily using Sellerdeck Desktop, and I'm confident we can do the same for you.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Vicky

Maybe if you posted the problems on here with full details about payment service supplier and what network you are using, the experts on here may be able to help you , as there are many years of knowledge on the forum

The more details you can give about whats going wrong the more accurate the identification of a solution
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Phil,

Why don't you take out a demo site on Sellerdeck hosting, upload your snapshot into it and then test the digital download, might be less hassle that moving over for the test.

Cheers,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

We are not having these problems

Hello. We have 9 sites on Sellerdeck 2016, and have been using Sellerdeck since 2004 (when called Actinic). We do not appear to be having the problems that others have mentioned in this thread; though over the 13 years we have had about 3 cases of orders corrupting, so trivial. We have copies of the order receipt emails sent to us as a precaution, and delete these after 24 hours.

We occasionally have problems, but not caused by Sellerdeck. Examples are glitches in our internet connection and the payment provider occasionally failing to tag a payment to an order so we think payment failed when it didn't (we do frequent reconciliations to find these).

We have in the past occasionally had problems caused by the business (not Sellerdeck) hosting our sites, though they tried to blame Sellerdeck.

Sarah

Comment

Hello,

I am arranging to speak to someone when I next am in the office, so thank you.

Our problems. Right, lets list them.

Transfer from shopping cart to payment providers (Sage and Paypal) crashes or goes to a blank black screen as soon as someone presses pay after filling in their details. (ongoing and so far no one can resolve, Sage have said its something wrong with our .NET coding and our .NET coder, we hired in, could not fix it)

The 'total' sum in the shopping cart changed to a white coloured font without my touching anything or even knowing how I would do that specifically. (we have a white background) so people could not see the total sum of their order (I fixed this myself)

Not pulling down all orders, some corrupting and some just disappearing completely.

Orders not being transferred to Sage, through the add on sofware with Product Mash, no fix was given from Sellerdeck, but our .NET programmer found that Sellerdeck had installed two versions of the database backend, one was blank and you cannot actually find it unless you go into the background of the software, so it was flicking between versions of this database and thats why some orders were vanishing. He cannot remove this and Sellerdeck was notified but we were informed they did not know how to fix this.

We had to remove customer accounts completely, due to so many errors with customer accounts not being created properly and it pushing sale information into Sage in a different code that we had not created. Had a Sage programmer come in and he said its an error with Sellerdeck, not Sage. Sage was working completely fine. So we just removed this whole section from the hard code.

Two of our smaller websites were posting all sales into Sage as debits and credits simultaneously, so Sage thought a customer had paid when they had requested an invoice payment method.

Same two as above, now will not download any orders into Sellerdeck and crashes as soon as you try, so we can only try and guess what they have ordered and post it out or phone them and tell them we are having problems, which is not good for business.

Emails are set up correctly to email an address when someone makes an order. Two of our sites are not sending any emails out at all.

One website we have to print email orders then type it in manually to Sage, as the order section just doesnt work.

Cannot add or change anything to do with postage as it stops working and allows international sales, despite being set to UK only.

Randomly one morning it started offering 3 for 2 on earrings, when we had deleted all the previous content. Managed to remove a section of the hard code to stop this happening.

One product with fitting options, gave the customer the product for free, if they selected one of the fitting options. Checked the settings and it was all correct, re set it up with exactly the same settings and it worked fine.

We have had so many issues, that if you check back in our ticket history, you may find some more. Some of them I just gave up trying to fix it after weeks on the phone to you or being told its our host providers fault, when it was a program issue.

I was actually told by one of your technical supper guys (Oliver) that you cannot set the SSL details up in Sellerdeck, I need to go to my host provider. I then found the section in business settings that allows you to set up your SSL details, so I was not happy at having hours wasted by bad advice either.

Will add anymore, if the Customer Service manager discovers or remembers other issues we are having.

Comment

This does sound more like a wrong setup than anything else to me as it's a very stable software normally and i presume your IT guy and sage have no experience of Sellerdeck

We have run 7 sites with no problem and use sage Line 50 2014 desktop and previous versions since 2004 and as far as i remember never had a problem

Removing code can have unexpected results in such a powerful software which may or may not have effected some of the problems

I would recommend you get either sellerdeck or one of the developers on here to visit and sort it out

Are you using the sellerdeck Link software to transfer sales to sage?
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky.Pearson View Post
                        I was actually told by one of your technical supper guys (Oliver) that you cannot set the SSL details up in Sellerdeck, I need to go to my host provider. I then found the section in business settings that allows you to set up your SSL details, so I was not happy at having hours wasted by bad advice either.
                        You need to get an SSL certificate installed on your web server first. Then you can update the settings in SellerDeck to make use of SSL
                        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky.Pearson View Post
                          Transfer from shopping cart to payment providers (Sage and Paypal) crashes or goes to a blank black screen as soon as someone presses pay after filling in their details. (ongoing and so far no one can resolve, Sage have said its something wrong with our .NET coding and our .NET coder, we hired in, could not fix it)
                          I've been developing and running SellerDeck/Actinic sites for 12 years. I've never had the need to involve a .NET coder - in fact, I would suggest doing so is a bad thing.

I appreciate you are suffering many problems but it could be any one of a hundred things causing it.

• Do you use SellerDeck as multi-user?
                          • What kind of PC is SellerDeck running on?
                          • Which version of Windows?
                          • Where are the websites hosted? Are they all on the same platform?
                          • Have you gone into Help>Troubleshooting and run the various diagnostics in there?
                          • Which Sage package are you using?
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                            You need to get an SSL certificate installed on your web server first. Then you can update the settings in SellerDeck to make use of SSL
                            We already did that, you then have to set it up directly on Sellerdeck Software.

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                              I've been developing and running SellerDeck/Actinic sites for 12 years. I've never had the need to involve a .NET coder - in fact, I would suggest doing so is a bad thing.

I appreciate you are suffering many problems but it could be any one of a hundred things causing it.

• Do you use SellerDeck as multi-user? - No, its split on two computers, one locked down to download orders only, the other with orders disabled and design only options.
                              • What kind of PC is SellerDeck running on? - a HD fast desktop with Windows 7
                              • Which version of Windows?
                              • Where are the websites hosted? Are they all on the same platform? All on the same platform, with Vidahost
                              • Have you gone into Help>Troubleshooting and run the various diagnostics in there? Yes
                              • Which Sage package are you using? Sage 50
                              I have had Sellerdeck tech support on screen share for many many occasions, with them confused as to what the problem cause is. Even had Sellerdeck developers look through everything set up wise and they could not find what was wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X