Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a firewall on my network/PC. What issues do I need to be aware of when set....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a firewall on my network/PC. What issues do I need to be aware of when set....

I have a firewall on my network/PC. What issues do I need to be aware of when setting up SellerDeck?

SellerDeck is composed of two parts:
    1) An application which runs on a PC the 'Client'.
    2) Perl Scripts which run at the web site, the 'Server'.

If there is a firewall between the Client and the Server, then the following protocols must be allowed:-
    • HTTP, port 80, from Client to Server.
    • HTTPS, port 443, from Client to Server. Only required if SSL is enabled.
    • FTP, port 21, file transfers between Client and Server. All connections are established by the Client.
    • FTP, port 20, When using Non-Passive FTP the Server connects to the Client on this port. If the Firewall does not allow incoming connections for port 20 then use Passive FTP in SellerDeck Ecommerce.

SellerDeck sends all emails from the web server. Emails generated at the Client are first sent via FTP to the Server and then emailed using the same procedures as for Customer Receipts. Therefore SellerDeck does not require a SMTP connection on the Client.

To be able to access the store and place orders the browser must allow:-
    • Java Script.
    • Cookies.
    • Java, this is only required when credit card details are collected via the SellerDeck Encryption Java Applet.

NB: For firewall issues whilst using SellerDeck Business Multiuser please refer HERE
Working...
X