Background Image and Background Colour Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background Image and Background Colour Problem

I am using sellerdeck 11 with the design wizard layout. Our site is Secret Garden Quilting. I have used the feature in site options to specify a background image. We have a fixed width design so I wanted the image to be a background on the white space either side. It does this but it also shows as the background in the body of the page and hence makes the website unreadable.

My question is how do I get the background on body of my web pages to stay white and some the image is only on the left and right portions of the screen (outside the actual page boundaries)?

I have looked through posts to find the answer but I am either too stupid to understand or cant find find an answer.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

As you are using separate tables there is no simple solution however you can add a <div> around the whole content and style that white.

In design tab navigate to your outer layout. Locate the opening <BODY> tag and just after add:

<div id="outerWrap">

Locate the closing </BODY> tag right towards the bottom of the page .. just before this add:

</div>

In the actinic.css stylesheet add the following :

#outerWrap {
    width: 950px;
    background-color: #fff;
    margin: 0 auto;
    }

That should set a white block behind all the main central content and sit over the background image.

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thank you. All sorted like a charm. Really appreciate your help. Tony
      Tony
      www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Comment

glad it worked for you

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...