Shipping method descriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping method descriptions

Is there any way to display more detailed or elaborate shipping method descriptions than the class name?

I'm currently using radio buttons & find it pretty limiting getting what I want within the limited field that's available & formatting within this doesn't seem very easy or even possible. I've got a top menu bar link for delivery where all the relevant information is, but many customers don't look at this, expecting the relevant info to be in the checkout shipping options.

Ideally I would like to be able to add text that I can format that isn't limited by the class field character count & add images to each available shipping method would be nice.

Any advice much appreciated.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Any ideas anyone?

Comment

I don't think this is going to be easy to do.

If you're shipping options are straightforward then you could replace the original shipping layout with a custom version, but obviously the more complicated the shipping options the harder this will be.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike!

Reading between the lines I had thought this might be the case..... Our shipping isn't that simple, so it will most like be a no on this one then...

I'm seeing quite a number of sites that now have clear & concise delivery information at the point of choosing the delivery method, which is where it should logically be - I don't suppose anyone has used some lateral thinking to get this information across in Sellerdeck?

Comment

Originally posted by Air-Tech View Post
          I don't suppose anyone has used some lateral thinking to get this information across in Sellerdeck?
          How about using some javascript to control a popup/flyout message box next to the shipping, triggered when someone hovers or selects a different shipping option?
          The code and information would have to be manually entered and managed, but it could be called in a "tooltip" effect.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
            How about using some javascript to control a popup/flyout message box next to the shipping, triggered when someone hovers or selects a different shipping option?
            The code and information would have to be manually entered and managed, but it could be called in a "tooltip" effect.
            Thanks for the reply - This could be a work around, but would the iOS brigade would be out of the picture?

I was hoping for something like this, which seems to be quite common these days....;

Comment

As far as I can see it's the shipping class name that's displayed in the site shipping options - as a simple work around is there any way of increasing the character count for the shipping class name?

I've had a look about, but where the field length is defined is beyond my limited abilities (& that's an understatement if there ever was).

Comment

I see.
                Perhaps then what you need is something to rewrite the radio list adding in the kind of layout html you want to display additional information (that you might add into variables etc).....
                It is possible and doable, however it would take quite a bit of custom javascript/html tweaking to get displaying the way you want.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                X