Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digital Downloads Failing on SSL Site

Hi,

We recently started using SSL on our site. It seems to work fine apart from digital downloads are not working. You can order the DD but the link is not being generated.

Looking in the DD directory on the server we can see the downloads being uploaded. However the 7 digit numeric code prefix (nnnn_nnn_) is not being added by the SellerDeck code. I understand that without this SellerDeck generated code the files are not downloadable.

We have a non-SSL test site and using the same SellerDeck Snapshot (but not SSL) the download link generation works just fine.

Has anyone else come across this issue?

The servers are hosted on Host-IT.co.uk.

Many thanks

Tony
    Tony
    www.secretgardenquilting.co.uk

Just wanted to let everyone know that SellerDeck have concluded that this is a bug (ref. [2]SD-6206).

Basically DD do not work with SSL enabled on the whole site. They have promised a fix in the next release (version 18) of SellerDeck.

Thanks

tony
    Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

Thank you for flagging this bug up, I had been planning to enable SSL on my website but as it is dependent on digital downloads working properly I will have to wait for now.

When Sellerdeck reported this bug to you, did they indicate whether they would provide a fix for current versions of the software in addition to ensuring it works properly in the next version?

Many thanks,
      Paul

Comment

Hi Paul,

Ian (the head of support) said it would be put into the release of sellerdeck 18.0. Basically the next version. I understand this is due out later this year. It requires a server side code change and so they would not do it in 16.03 or below as they are focussed on testing 18.0.

I guess It might be possible to lobby for the change to be made in 16.03 once release 18.0 has settled down. Certainly not any time soon.

Let's hope that release 18.0 is stable and does not have much in the way of new bugs.

I hope that helped

Many thanks

Tony
        Tony

Comment

Thanks for that info Tony.

I have contacted Sellerdeck for further details so will let you know if I hear anything back. Trouble is there is no inkling anywhere on these forums (or the website) of an imminent new release, and the more severe Google restrictions are likely to be implemented before long. I do get frustrated at how often the DD facility seems to be an Achilles heel in running Sellerdeck, but that's probably just because I'm so reliant on it!

Nice site by the way, and seems to work well in full SSL glory!

Comment

Urgent - this needs fixing now

Given SSL has been around for years and so has SellerDeck's Digital Downloads, unfortunately it did not enter my head to check the community for any issues prior to going live with whole site SSL.

I have just switched to SSL for the whole site because Google is switching to flagging sites as insecure if they are not fully SLL.

So I am faced with
            a) Go back to partial SSL, have google flag my site as being insecure and lose customers or
            b) Stay with whole site SSL and have to manually create email links to send out.

I have 4 other sites to switch to SSL it is a concern with this problem.

It is a choice between 'bad or worse'

If this does not class as very very very urgent as a problem I am not sure what will.

I have spoken to Support and they have confirmed a 'fix' is in QA in version 16.0.4 and also version 18. Version 18 would be ridiculous to wait for a fix.

Frankly we could do with a fix being released this week. I have asked for a date by which it will be released and if anyone with this problem can let them know you also have the problem that would be great.

Whilst on Digital downloads - do any of you suffer from broken links being generated. Let me know either way on my other post.

Thanks

Phil
            Phil Howell
            Director
            Intuition Un Ltd
            www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
            Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
            www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
            www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
            www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

There will be a limited v16.0.4 release with this and a few other fixes for those who need it. I can't give you a date, but anyone who reports this bug to support will be contacted when it's available.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Any update on when 16.04 will be available? Thanks
                Tony

Comment

Hi Tony. It's being tested at the moment, and should be available in a week or so. I will post here when it's ready.
                  Bruce Townsend

Comment

Great. thanks for the update.

I have found a rather ugly workaround. I have a test copy of the system on a different server that is non SSL. If you upload to that site it correctly creates the DD files. You can then copy them over to the SSL site and they still work.

Thanks
                    Tony

Comment

v16.0.4 RMBB is available now on request from support. The reference for the digital download bug fix is SD-6206.
                      Bruce Townsend

Comment

Thanks Bruce

please can you confirm the changes that are in the release so we can test before putting live. Are there other fixes or purely the code relating to the upload of DDs?

Many thanks

tony
                        Tony

Comment

Just seen this. We sell downloads and they seem unaffected by SSL being applied on the entire site. Just tried a test sale and all was well. Using V14.03.
                          Kind Regards
                          Karen

Charmed Cards & Crafts

Comment

Hi Karen

The issue is not the downloading. It is uploading new DDs. They do not upload correctly and so it appears they have been uploaded but when a customer orders they do not receive a DD link. Anything that is already uploaded (prior to SSL) can be downloaded ok.

I hope this helps.

thanks

tony
                            Tony

Comment

please can you confirm the changes that are in the release so we can test before putting live. Are there other fixes or purely the code relating to the upload of DDs?
                              There are a few other fixes as well. I've uploaded the release notes with a full list here:
                              http://portal.sellerdeck.co.uk/docs/...eNotes1604.pdf
                              Bruce Townsend

Comment

Working...
                              X