Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are experiencing failure/timeouts in uploads...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are experiencing failure/timeouts in uploads...

Try the following workaround to overcome this issue:

1. Go to Web | Network Settings | FTP Options

2. Max Compressed File Size - Reduce the value to 100 (i.e, 100 K). Doing this can help avoid timeouts and also possible errors if AVG is running in the background, yet allow the upload process to use the compression feature.

3. OK to close and try uploading the site again

4. If you are still experiencing problems, reduce the Max FTP block size to 4. However, with some virus scanners (e.g. AVG) you may have errors during upload about compression.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Just to let you know, using the above sorted my problems with uploads. I need to make make both changes suggested.
    Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

I have a brand new installation, still with the default products.

I have been testing with the layouts and all was uploading without issue.

Until it started hanging.

I have set both the options as above in the FTP settings. But it still hangs at "Checking section Birth Stone Earrings"

This is due to including SiteMapSectionList in a layout I am working on for the navigation.

If I remove this, it uploads without issue. But I would like to include this as I wish to use it for the Section/subsections navigation menu as there does not seem to be a way yet to get Sellerdeck displaying a nested unordered list for use as navigation.

Any ideas how I can solve this upload issue?

Comment

Hello Grant

I'll take a look at this and keep you posted.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Grant, this is one way to generate a nested UL type Section List. N.b. only 5 levels deep and only lightly tested:
          Code:
          <ul>
          	<actinic:block type="TopLevelSectionList">
          		<li><actinic:variable name="SectionName" />
          		<actinic:block type="ChildSectionList">
          			<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" ><ul></actinic:block>
          				<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%201" ><ul></actinic:block>
          						<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListCount%22%20%2f%3e" ></ul></actinic:block>
          							<li><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></li>
          							<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListCount%22%20%2f%3e" ></ul></actinic:block>
          						</actinic:block>
          						</li><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListCount%22%20%2f%3e" ></ul></actinic:block>
          					</li><actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListIndex%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22ListCount%22%20%2f%3e" ></ul></actinic:block>
          </ul>
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
            Try the following workaround to overcome this issue:

1. Go to Web | Network Settings | FTP Options

2. Max Compressed File Size - Reduce the value to 100 (i.e, 100 K). Doing this can help avoid timeouts and also possible errors if AVG is running in the background, yet allow the upload process to use the compression feature.

3. OK to close and try uploading the site again

4. If you are still experiencing problems, reduce the Max FTP block size to 4. However, with some virus scanners (e.g. AVG) you may have errors during upload about compression.
            Using these settings certainly worked for a clents site that was originally not using enhanced FTP and failed every time during upload to a new clean site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
            X