Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail Chimp form and Nivo Slider Conflict

Just in case anyone else runs into this problem:

Developing a site with Nivo Slider installed I added the MailChimp email signup form and the Nivo Slider stopped working, it stopped displaying at all.

The problem was this line in the MailChimp signup form code, about the last line of the MailChimp code snippet:

Code:
    <script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery.noConflict(true);</script>
    The solution is to remove the expression ".noConflict(true)" leaving you with:

Code:
    <script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery;</script>
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Mailchimp stops BX slider working

Mailchimp javascript conflict BX slider

I have found the same issue with the built in BX slider in later versions. The solution is the same as above. I am adding this to add some more search terms.

The solution is to remove the expression ".noConflict(true)" leaving you with:

Code:
    <script type='text/javascript' src='//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/mc-validate.js'></script>
    <script type='text/javascript'>(function($) {window.fnames = new Array(); window.ftypes = new Array();fnames[0]='EMAIL';ftypes[0]='email';fnames[1]='FNAME';ftypes[1]='text';fnames[2]='LNAME';ftypes[2]='text';fnames[3]='MMERGE3';ftypes[3]='radio';}(jQuery));var $mcj = jQuery;</script>
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X