Using Google Tag Manager for Analytics and Adwords

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Google Tag Manager for Analytics and Adwords

So I believe I have Google Tag Manager set up correct and important the container tag in the appropriate places.

I'm now trying to set up Adwords Conversion Tags for purchases.
    I can easily fire a tag when the Receipt page is loaded, however I now need to fire the order value back to Adwords.

What do I put in Adwords Conversion Order Value option?

Any help to get GTM fully integrated into SellerDeck would be very much appreciated.

Not sure what your problem is Tom, perhaps you can elaborate. Changes to the google analytics shouldn't be too tough as they are an eval script, and you just end up placing the order details stuff into the datalayer, its not really that different.

Comment

I shall try and make myself a little bit clearer as I re-read what I had said and I didn't understand it.

I have a SellerDeck site and an Adwords account.
      I have implemented the Google Tag Manager container code in the correct place and verified this with Google Tag Assistant.

I've set up a generic Analytics tag in Tag manager and this is working fine. All the data in Analytics seems to be correct.

I wish to now set up a Adwords Conversion Tag so I can determine when a purchase has come from AdWords and I also wish to see the order value from each conversion. (Conversion Value)

Currently my Adwords Conversion Tag is set up to trigger on the Receipt page (is this correct?) /cgi-bin/os000001.pl

In GTM I have the option of setting the "Conversion Value", here I would like to input the correct SellerDeck variable to feed the order value. I've been reading around and see stuff like "OrderValueTotal" etc. I'm not sure which is correct or the exact sytax I should use here.

I'm currently also seeing 3 conversion firing for 1 order being made. So, Analytics is seeing one order being made using ecommerce conversion data and on AdWords it's registering three conversion for the same keyphrase.

I hope this makes more sense and this great community can help me out

Comment

Originally posted by thmsmrrtt View Post
        I shall try and make myself a little bit clearer as I re-read what I had said and I didn't understand it.

I have a SellerDeck site and an Adwords account.
        I have implemented the Google Tag Manager container code in the correct place and verified this with Google Tag Assistant.

I've set up a generic Analytics tag in Tag manager and this is working fine. All the data in Analytics seems to be correct.

I wish to now set up a Adwords Conversion Tag so I can determine when a purchase has come from AdWords and I also wish to see the order value from each conversion. (Conversion Value)

Currently my Adwords Conversion Tag is set up to trigger on the Receipt page (is this correct?) /cgi-bin/os000001.pl

In GTM I have the option of setting the "Conversion Value", here I would like to input the correct SellerDeck variable to feed the order value. I've been reading around and see stuff like "OrderValueTotal" etc. I'm not sure which is correct or the exact sytax I should use here.

I'm currently also seeing 3 conversion firing for 1 order being made. So, Analytics is seeing one order being made using ecommerce conversion data and on AdWords it's registering three conversion for the same keyphrase.

I hope this makes more sense and this great community can help me out
        Did you get any success with setting up and implementing Google Tag Manager and Adwords conversion on the receipt page?
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd
        www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
        www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
        www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
        www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Working...
        X