How to access the Sales Tax tick box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to access the Sales Tax tick box

We turn off the sales tax when we add new products. However we may become VAT registered soon and will want the system to add VAT and report it.

Where can I find the tick box? I have looked everywhere.

A 2nd related question. I assume the Sales Tax option is just a field in a database. I have Office 2010 on my machine. If I try to open Access it want to do the first time setup of the application. If I let this complete will this stop EPOS running? (is EPOS an older version?)

Assuming Access 2010 is OK to run, can I open the relevant DB and just run down a column setting the sales tax flag?

Thank you.

D

Hi

In short - yes it is just an access database and in theory you can just alter the field for each product by running down the column in access.

my strong advice is to test this thoroughly before doing it and make a backup of all the databases BEFORE you start (close EPOS and copy any .mdb files to another folder) - even better copy the whole /checkout folder so you can restore if it doesn't work.

Hope this helps.

Alan
    www.therhubarbtree.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Alanmh

I backup Checkout every day, so no problem there.

Comment

Updating EPOS Tables

Be careful manually changing Access tables, they do not behave like Excel worksheets.

You will need to set the vat rates by product too, so for example
        E for Exempt
        S for Standard
        Z for Zero Rated

This is important or you will pay the wrong vat. To much or to little and you will have to change all the places in the EPOS tables where VAT fields are rshown.

For the price of a few hours support it is worth having the database updated for you. You will need to provide product code, Title and what VAT you want to charge. It can export this for you to fill in in Excel to make your life a bit easier and then this can be used to updated all the tables in EPOS.

Andrew
        Retail Back Office Systems
        www.rbosystems.com

Comment

Working...
        X