Home page not updating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home page not updating.

My home page isn't being updated after editing it...

Page preview within Sellerdeck is correct, but it's not being updated on the live site.
    I've tried compacting the databases and refreshing the website.
    I haven't tried Purge and Refresh yet, should I? I hesitate because Jont made a great many changes under the hood that I daren't risk losing..!

--------------------------------

Update. After trying various approaches (but not Purge & Refresh) I found that in the httpdocs folder there is an "index.php" file and an "index.html" file. Renaming the php file to "!index.php" has resolved the issues.

Next question. What is the php file for and do I need it?
    Last edited by Glenn; 23-Apr-2017, 09:21 AM. Reason: Update

It's a bit hard to tell what the index.php file could be from. It's not something the Sellerdeck software would generate in your site root. Do you have anything else set up on the same website, like a Wordpress blog, for example?
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

No Bruce, nothing else on the same site.
      The same problem occured again the other day. I saw in httpdocs that the offending php file had reinstated itself! I renamed it which again resolved the problem, and now when I looked, it's no longer in there! Very strange...

Comment

Try control R to refresh the live site as its probably looking at the saved page
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

That was the very first thing I did try Chris. Cheers.

Comment

The next time you see the index.php file I'd suggest you download it and take a look at what's in there. It sounds to me as if someone might be hacking your site so if I were you I'd check the files on the server, including the htaccess file, and change my passwords.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X