Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple options for store products

Hi all,

I'm interested in adding some items to our jewellery catalogue that are available in a number of colour variations, so I want to have a dropdown list with the appropriate colours, but the image of the selected item should only appear when a colour has been chosen.
    To see an example go to this link (not our site by the way):
    http://www.glassblockoutlet.co.uk/ac...ifix_Pack.html
    Click on the 'Choose Glass Blocks' and choose an option to see the image appear to the left.

Is this easily achieveable?

Also unlike the example site above we want each of these images that appear to act as thumbnails that click through to a larger version of the same image with additional text.
    Is this still possible using the above method?

Thanks in advance,
    Tony.

The glass blocks site uses a lot of custom JavaScript to do what you see there. This is a good way to work if you have a small, infrequently changing product range. It might not suit a site with a large number of frequently changing products.

However all is not lost. I've done an extension to Actinic that allows a Choice to change the main product image depending on the selection made. Also (if you use Radio Buttons) you can have small icons against each choice.

You don't have to maintain any JavaScript. All you have to do is to include the additional image names within wiggly brackets in each choices HTML for Name field.

Details are on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/ - look for Dynamic Product Images.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Dynamic Product Images

Hi Norman,
      I have just tested the script you advised Tony to use. Unfortuatly when I click on the choice on the drop down menu the image does not appear. I have checked the script and can seem to see that I have missed anything - I have also checked that the additional files have uploaded and they have. Have you got any idea where I might be going wrong?

Link= http://empty.globalweb.co.uk/acatalo...eve_Shirt.html

Kind Thanks
      Claire

Comment

Are you remembering to put the alternate image filenames in the Choices HTML for Name field (within curly brackets)? I can't see them on your page source.

Here's the bit from the readme:-

e.g.

Main Product uses Images\widget_blue.jpg
        You have an Attribute called Colour
        Choice 1 uses Blue{widget_blue.jpg}
        Choice 2 uses Green{widget_green.jpg}
        Choice 3 uses Yellow{widget_yellow.jpg}
        etc.

Comment

Have put these back in, but now they appear on my page? and the image doesn't appear..

Comment

You only have 1 additional image defined

SBG Eventlink{kk105_formwork.jpg}

and that's working OK. The other choices don't have any additional images so nothing happens when you select them.

Comment

Working...
            X