Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error : actinic.css contains an invalid path

Hi,
    I have recently started getting a couple of errors on a site I am developing. When I click on a page to preview it I get a pop up saying "C:\program files\actinic V7\sites\EE\acatalog/actinic.css contains an invalid path" I click OK and then another popup appears saying "Error generating HTML page"

Does anyone have any ideas what I have done wrong?

I noticed the folder acatalog does not exist within the EE folder but none of my other sites I am building have it either and they work find.

Help please!

O.

Off the top of my head, you may have to copy a file that actinic.css is referencing into your preview folder (or a subfolder therein, maintaining the correct path). You kinda have to emulate the 'live' path within the preview folder i think.

And welcome to the boards

Ryan

Comment

Thanks, I will have a look.

The problem is I cant find where actinic.css is within the site, the biggest problem is I have taken over the site from another person who left no notes about what he had done in the past.

O.

Comment

In the original path above you have a forward slash "/" before the actinic.css file - is that a typo? If not it should be a "\" for the local preview so there may be a hardcoded link to the css to work on the site but causing the issue with local preview - make it a relative link and not fixed

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Check the Act_Primary.html template in the root of the site and the link should be

<LINK REL=STYLESHEET HREF="actinic.css">

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            In the original path above you have a forward slash "/" before the actinic.css file - is that a typo? If not it should be a "\" for the local preview so there may be a hardcoded link to the css to work on the site but causing the issue with local preview - make it a relative link and not fixed
            This was not a typo, I thought it looked wrong but trying to find where that path has been entered is seeming harder than I thought!

I have checked the Act_Primary.html and the path for the actinic.css is fine.

Thanks for your help so far.....keep it coming

O.

Comment

Another thing I have noticed is when I try and change the settings on my folder to diable read-only it says it is done but when I go back to look at the properties they read-only box is checked again!

O.

Comment

Ok, dont know what happened but I have just imported a snapshot of the site and I will just re enter anything I havent got. I dont have time to work out why the problem occured

Thanks for everyones help.

O.

Comment

Yep, the dodgy slash isn't a typo - i dunno why it pops up in the Actinic error message as such. I think it's local to Actinic's interpretation of the error.

I had the same problem - i'm fairly damn sure it was to do with a file missing, and was easily sorted by copying some files into the preview html folder. Worked fine afterwards.

Ryan

Comment

Could the error be within actinic.css?

CSS definitions can reference other files (as background images, etc) and Actinic may be trying to parse these for upload.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

No idea, like I said I just restored the site from a previoud snapshot and its fine now, I guess that doesnt help anyone who has the problem and doesnt have a backup.....

O.

Comment

Originally posted by Owain
                        No idea, like I said I just restored the site from a previoud snapshot and its fine now, I guess that doesnt help anyone who has the problem and doesnt have a backup.....

O.
                        Todays lesson for everyone who does not take a daily backup

Bikster

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                          Todays lesson for everyone who does not take a daily backup
                          Actually, if you only retain the previous day's backup ... and the problem went un-noticed ...

Good backup practice means a full set of backups. If you don't have storage room on your local PC, create a private directory on your website, and keep them there. I can go back to any day in the last three months, and to the last day of each month before that, if I have to, and I know that some day I will have to. I learned the value of backups as a software developer, in circumstances I will never forget.
                          Bill
                          www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                          Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                          BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                          Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                          VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                          Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem? It's just happened to me... backed up yesterday but did a lot of work today and don't want to redo it all

Comment

Solution Found

I've just found the solution to this problem... well it worked for me anyway

I've been designing a page in Dreamweaver and imported it into Actinic. Somehow I've got a reference to 2 stylesheets in the code - one Actinic.css in the Preview folder and the other in the Site 1 folder.

I've just removed one of the stylesheets (and all references to it) and all is sweet!

Comment

Working...
                              X