Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSL certificate problems

Hi guys,

Did a search around the forums but none of the posted problems seemed the same as mine.

Our clients shop has been running for around 2 years, the Actinic SSL Cert. has been renewed as normal and everything has been fine.

Just received a call from the client say the checkout process is erroring due to the Actinic SSL Cert. I've no idea how long it's been popping up but he said he hasn't had any orders for while so presumably it's been like this a few weeks or so. I'm hoping it hasn't been like this since 11th Sept 05 as one of the popups below suggest.

Just about to fill out a proper support ticket on the main website but thought I'd post here so I can show you the errors, incase any of you has encountered this and had an answer

I have called Actinic sales and the certificate was renewed.

I got a slightly different error message in different browsers so I attached both...
    Attached Files

Hi,

I see you have been answered by our email support team with the information that the SSL certificate has been updated to a new URL with details of how to upgrade your software.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, thank you. I've downloaded the patch and passed it onto the client

Comment

We also use Actinic Shared SSL and Catalog v6.1.2.0.0.0 DDVA

Although we have not received any reports from customers of this specific problem, we do have a number of carts abandoned at the payment stage of checkout.

For peace of mind, could you please advise what versions of Catalog are affected and if we need to obtain this patch.

TIA
        Andrew Mellor
        Collectors Supplies http://www.csbooks.co.uk 01633 615601 Skype - csbooks
        Reference Books & Price Guides on Antiques & Collectables
        ==============================================================

Comment

Hi,

All versions are affected as the URL changed. An email was sent to everyone using our Shared SSL service earlier this year explaining what was happening. If you are having problems with 'expired certificate' messages then you need to download the patch for your version from www.actinic.co.uk/update. Make sure Actinic is closed when you apply the patch and then update your site.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply. We now recall the email back in January and we did download and install the patch then.

Regards
            Andrew Mellor
            Collectors Supplies http://www.csbooks.co.uk 01633 615601 Skype - csbooks
            Reference Books & Price Guides on Antiques & Collectables
            ==============================================================

Comment

Working...
            X