A General Script Error Occurred!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A General Script Error Occurred!?

Hello, yesterday I finally went to upload our actinic site in a very vague test format - it still needs much work - to our host, I set all the configuration up and managed to put it all on the server, but now every time I click checkout (or in our case "order") I get an error that I can't understand.

A General Script Error Occurred
    Error:

The site configuration has been updated by the shop operator while you are checking out. Please navigate back to the product pages by pressing the Browser Back button and try again or contact the site owner. Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    This might be understandable if I had changed the config at all since uploading. How do I go about fixing it?

Also, if I want to delete the files from FTP and start uploading again, will actinic be ok, or will it throw up some chuffing error because the files it expects aren't there? The main aim being that at current I've got it in /acatalog, but I really need to have it in root /.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Indeed, I found this link explaining the exact situation, but that is no good because I'm already running the most recent version (6.0.2) and have no control over whether its shared SSL or not.

My other queries still stand, though. I really need to shift the whole thing up a dir. to root.

Comment

I have a similar problem it now says that there is no refering data passed..

I have contacted Actinic Support without joy - they have no reference of this.

I have also used the last versions of actinic on our servers without problems and this is the first it must be said.

Here is my error log file from the 'Acatalog' directory that happens when you press the 'go checkout' button:

Internal Server Error, this is an error with your script, check your error log for more information.

goes from the following script

1) cm000001.pl

then redirects to....

2) http://www.website.co.uk/cgi-bin/os0...1&REFPAGE=http etc etc

If anyone has an idea i would be pleased to see a solution before I revert to an old version to get the clients site finished.

UNIX / PERL 5 / PHP / MySQL etc Globals Off.
      ## Community is communication in unity ##

Comment

i had something like this but i solved it by changing my domain from .co.uk in the network settings to .com as all the actinic stuff is on the .com side and the .co.uk just re-directs to .com

This only would affect you if u have a .co.uk + .com domain for same shop

Regards,

Stewart
        Stewart Anderson AKA Neo_ad

Comment

Update to info on script error

Hiya, - only co.uk domain on this but thanks for reply much appreciated...

Hmmm setup another web area just in case and still get an error .......

this time I have an error log from my server:

[Sat Feb 22 09:34:53 2003] [error] [client 213.78.66.36] Premature end of script headers: /domains/w/e/website.co.uk/public_html/cgi-bin/os000001.pl

its at the following: www.elementsgifts.co.uk

Any ideas helpfull - no other pages / scripts on this site at the moment oh yeah .....Actinic V6.0.2 upgraded.

HELP !

Comment

Hiya,

I received the same error... i rang actinc support and they said there was a bug in 6.02. I was emailed some replacement perl files and instuctions, which i followed and now the shop works perfectly.

Drop me an email (andy@phase8.com) if you want to give the files a go, and i'll forward em to you.

Comment

I had the same problem, however all I did was view the cart, it then said there was nothing in the cart, so I added something tried the checkout again and it was fine.

Comment

I just had the same problem at the end of a checkout while testing a site. How about posting these fixed perl files on your website Actinic?

Nick Morecroft.

Comment

You dont know how relieved you guys have made me feel
                  (face relaxing) I thought I would be stuck out in Nosolution land
                  on my own without hope ....

I shall be chasing the offer of perl help - and thanks again for the sheer relief you gave me as I thought I had some strange server behaviour and I was the only one ....aghhhh.

Ok it remains to be seen if the fix works but I am closer to a solution than before - will post result here ..

Thanks
                  Desperate Dimitri - client is anxious and too 'big' to be crossed !

Comment

Got this email from my hosting company, and it doesn't look good:
                    ==========================================
                    Hi,

Thank you for your email.

The error that you are seeing is the same error we always have with Actinic. Actinic scripts use too much memory when they execute, resulting in the error you see. Older versions of Actinic use less memory and therefore work fine.

You most likely will not be able to get the version 6 Actinic to work on our servers, so I would remain with version 4 if you have a choice.

Kind Regards,
                    ===========================================

Yes I know its like kicking yourself in the head if thats their real response to the problem ....but stuck in nowhere land again until
                    I try the script changes and see if these somehow work.

If this is true I would love to know whay it's so memeory intensive? - over to you Actinic...

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                      How about posting these fixed perl files on your website Actinic?
                      This issue will be fixed in the next v6 release (should be out within a few weeks). Meanwhile the following quick fix hopefully will do.

Open Session.pm in your site forder and find the lines

if ($Self->{_NEWSESSIONFILE} &&
                      !$sCallerID)

This should be changed to

if ($Self->{_NEWSESSIONFILE} &&
                      !$sCallerID &&
                      $::g_InputHash{'ACTION'} ne ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 113))

Saving the changes and uploading the site should resolve the issue.

Originally posted by triggerhippie

Yes I know its like kicking yourself in the head if thats their real response to the problem ....but stuck in nowhere land again until
                      I try the script changes and see if these somehow work.

If this is true I would love to know whay it's so memeory intensive? - over to you Actinic...
                      This has been reported a few times already and we are considering the resolution.

It is true that the server side memory requirements has been increased since v4. But if you check the number of new features of v5 or v6 it is understandable IMO. The new features required more complex scripts and data structures.
                      The increased resource requirement has been recognised after v5. Therefore v6 already contains some improvements (e.g. better modularisation of scripts). Most likely the next major release will also address some of the online performance issues.

By the way the mentioned 8MB memory is not only for our scripts but it includes the perl environment and some system data.

I must also mention that the ISP can optimise the webserver for Actinic (as lot of them do). Not only the memory requirement can be decreased in this way but the online performance can be improved (significantly if you use Business).
                      If your ISP is willing to consult about this then you can suggest the followings:
                      - Install mod_perl (if not installed so far) - this provides high performance keeping the perl interpreter in the server's memory.
                      - Install Digest-MD5 perl package - Catalog uses this encryption frequently and uses our own (slow) perl version if the binary one is not present.
                      - Install the binary version of our 1024 bit encryption library which makes the order recording faster.

Knowledge Base Article Ref: CD185 may provide more info about this.

I hope this helps.

Sorry if I was too technical (I used to be )

Regards,

Zoltan
                      Actinic
                      Zoltan
                      Actinic Software
                      www.actinic.co.uk

Comment

Hiya,

For anyone that wants it, i've attached the fix i was given and the instructions below:

Please try the following
                        This is assuming you are exploring the C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v6

In your site/site1 directory please delete all the .pl and .pm files
                        Next go into original folder and copy the .pl and .pm into the site/site1 directory

Once you have done this, extract the zipped file into your site\site1 directory and let it overwrite

Once this is done, open actinic and refresh the website
                        Attached Files

Comment

High server memroy load in V6

Hi all,

I have been conversing back and forth between my hosts and this thred trying to resolve the script problem on checkout.

It has now reached the following stage and I wanted to show others what may be happening with actinic increasingly in the future.

Here is the reply from the MD of my (major hosting company) ressseler hosting provider.
                          =========================

I have stated that I don't think the changes you are requesting will make a reduction of the magnitude that we are looking for. If you have evidence the the contrary, i.e. figures, not just a statement that it will reduce memory usage, please let me have it. If the proposed changes can be shown to make the required reduction, and you will agree to pay for our man hours if they do not, we will install them.

I am not prepared to compromise the quality and reliability of our
                          service by increasing the memory limit on our reseller servers. Whilst I have no issue with your order script using the amount of memory you desire, I cannot increase the limit to enable it to do so as doing so would make it possible for a fork bomb type cgi script to consume all available system memory. Due to the type of hosting plan you are buying, you must accept that not all end users of our hosting will be particularly responsible and we would have many problems with malicious activity from end users (who have often obtained their hosting free of charge through a reseller and hence have nothing to loose by being malicious) if our servers were not locked down as tight as they are.

Ultimately, at ****** reliability and performance is always placed
                          above functionality. We achieve 100% uptime and excellent speeds in third party tests http://www.webperf.net.

Our proposed solution to your problem is a dedicated server, where the problem of malicious use is not present and limits can thus be relaxed.
                          ==============================

I would love to hear evidence for obvious reasons as to how much the new fixes to come soon will reduce server load sufficiently - I tried the fixes proposed - both the ssl.zip one and the alterations to the session.pm without success

Dimitri

Comment

Could you share with us which service provider you are having these problems with?

Norman
                            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Well I am sorry but I just have to get a 2p worth in here.

I like Norman would like to know who your provider is. I would also like to know what you are paying them and what Reseller plan you are on.

Ask them how much Flash files reside on the server and what the memory useage is for these.

Why not offer to buy them 256Mb of RAM, cheaper than a dedicated server then you can run Actinic Host
                              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                              X