Customize: Actinic in iframe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customize: Actinic in iframe

I am trying to have the main actinic content within an iframe, controlled by buttons outside it.

Support said this is not recommended, but i want to do it anyway.

I have uploaded actinic and put all the links through the buttons. Catalogue, search, info, view cart buttons work ok. BUT checkout displays some of the actinic codes:

NETQUOTEVAR:ERROR NETQUOTEVAR:REFPAGE

NETQUOTEVAR:THEORDERDETAILS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    NETQUOTEDEL:PRELIMINARYINFORMATION

Also, checkout is too wide (same prob as mentioned by nsf)

Can anyone help?

Adam.

The url is here.
    I will only give the password via email.

http://www.yourdomain.com/_cgi/ca000...CTION=SHOWCART

http://www.yourdomain.com/_cgi/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start!

is how you refrence the "cart" and the "checkout"

The page you have is too wide because of the <HR> tags used to split products.

Make this 400 pixels rather than 600. Found in Act_Prodcut/sectionseperator templates.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

To edit the width of the 'Add to Cart' page, you need to edit the <HR> tags in Act_OrderDetail.html.

To edit the width of the checkout section, you need to edit the <HR> and <TABLE> widths in Act_Order00.html, Act_Order01.html and Act_Order02.html.

To edit the width of the cart table you need to edit Perl in Actinic.pm. Search for '570' and change it to what you require. You can also change the word 'QUANTITY' in 'Design Options | Advanced:Language' to 'QTY' to help with this shrinking.

Comment

Note that Internet Explorer is the only browser (that I know of) that uses IFRAME's. If you have to use frames, use the standard FRAMEs.

AFAIK all other browsers will not display IFRAME's.

Allen

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i don't think i will use an IFRAME knowing that... bummer!

I must say Actinic is starting to give me a headache (sorry!), maybe cos its an old version, but either way i think i will move to an open source PHP solution soon.

Adam.

Comment

Sorry to hear you have not got on too well with v4. However, you really should take a look at v6 before you consider any other solutions. We have made dramatic improvements to the flexibility of the templates since v4 it should be entirely possible to get the look and feel you want.

There is a customisation guide for v6 called 'Designing with Actinic Developer' available to download from http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/downloads.htm which contains a lot of advice to get the look and feel you want.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              To edit the width of the 'Add to Cart' page, you need to edit the <HR> tags in Act_OrderDetail.html.

To edit the width of the checkout section, you need to edit the <HR> and <TABLE> widths in Act_Order00.html, Act_Order01.html and Act_Order02.html.

To edit the width of the cart table you need to edit Perl in Actinic.pm. Search for '570' and change it to what you require. You can also change the word 'QUANTITY' in 'Design Options | Advanced:Language' to 'QTY' to help with this shrinking.
              Cannot find QUANTITY as described!!

p.s. please reply asap as if i get it after tomorrow early noon its too late.

Comment

You will find it about half-way down the 'Misc.' tab in 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous'.

Comment

Working...
                X