Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Connection wizard error: Server did not return the cookie sent by the wizard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection wizard error: Server did not return the cookie sent by the wizard.

Hi,

I am an experienced web programmer who is new to Actinic.

I am using Actinic version 4.1.1.0.0.4 and am trying to use the 'Web->configure web site details' wizard.

Somewhere during this wizard I get the following error.

"The server is not configured to handle cookie headers. Server did not return the cookie sent by the wizard."

This error appears whether I am installing to a Windows NT-IIS web server or a Windows NT-Apache web server. I have not tried it on Unix.

I'm guessing, but it looks like this error is due to the fact that Apache (under windows) and IIS do not provide the $ENV{HTTP_COOKIE} environment variable - and Actinic is expecting it.

Whether right or wrong is there a work around for this?

Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks and a happy christmas,
    John.

Use the Advanced Network Setup found under

ADVANCED>NETWORK SETUP

then use the test button
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

This is a known problem with v4 of Actinic. Most web servers now will reject the cookie test performed by Actinic for security reasons.

Later versions of v5 and v6 no longer do this test. There is no way around it I'm afraid other than manually entering your settings into 'Advanced | Nework Setup'.

Comment

Chris
        I have spent many hours trying to work out why I cannot get the test to work correctly having manually configured (it hangs for ages at cgi settings then returns an error). Having just tried using the wizard I got the "cookies" response described here. Is this why the test is failing? The site itself seems to work but sometimes after the final checkout is clicked it hangs and returns an error to the buyer, although the order does in fact come through fine. We're presently on V3 but get the same error on V4 (which I bought ages ago and never completed upgrading to, largely because of this issue). Any help gratefully received!
        Ros

Comment

I never managed to get the network wizard to work on NT servers when using V4 but manually setting up never proved a problem.
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I've run the wizard again and I see its also struggling with the perl location. I've checked the web hosting site (nic names) and the path seems correct. I'm now running out of ideas!
            Ros

Comment

can you post your settings and yur ISP name so we can see if we can help
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks a lot
                The settings are:

cgi script no 1
                extension .pl
                website url www.vigodirect.com
                catalog url http://www.vigodirect.com/acatalog/
                cgi-bin url http://www.vigodirect.com/cgi-bin/
                codebase ./
                path from cgi bin to
                catalog directory ../acatalog/
                path to the perl shell /usr/bin/perl
                path to cgi-bin cgi-bin/
                (I've also tried /cgi-bin/)
                path from cgi bin to catalog blank

hope these are enough - if I've missed anything relevant let me know.

When I first set it up several years ago it worked fine. When I came to try and upgrade to V4 I assumed I was getting something wrong and gave up. It was only when I came back to it and decided to try again that (having applied every available update to V4) I realised that there was a problem on the V3 site as well. The ISP seems to have been taken over in the meantime(it was namecity) and it may be somethings changed at their end but if so its not clear from their website.

thanks again for the help
                Ros

Comment

path from cgi bin to
                  catalog directory ../acatalog/

Try ./acatalog

Also in the V4 site we still have running the path to cgi-bin needs to have the top level folder preceed it.

e.g. public/cgi

You can send your host the attached e-mail
                  Attached Files
                  Owner of a broken heart

Comment

No luck I'm afraid so I'll send the email. Thanks a lot for the help

Comment

Working...
                    X