Extended Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extended Information

I am updating a V4 site to V6. In V4 we inserted some code in the Product Description file to show 'More Details', which on clicking opened a new window to an html file.

In V6, this same code does not access the file - although it is listed in the Additional Files area.

The Information Link does not open a new window - hence if closed, the user is out of the site. The Extended Information area will open as a new window, but the formating of the text is mostly lost.

Has anyone any experience of replicating the new window and formatted text facility between V4 and V6?

Thanks.
    Bernie Vincent
    The Eminent Trading Company
    www.eminent-trader.com

What code do you use to show the files?

V6 has it's own pop-up info boxes, they appear as an extra tab on the product details so you could change your system to use this. It's a bit limited so you may well want to continue to use your own. The code generated by v6 is

<A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp(<filename>,700,500);">Click Here For More Information</A>

It would be very nice to be able to specify a brochure page as an extra info page but at the moment you cannot do this.

Jan
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Information Code

Jan: thanks for responding. The code used in V4 Product Details was:

!!<<A HREF="#" onClick="javascript:newwin=window.open('Microsoft_Word_2002_Fundamentals.html',
      'infopage', 'scrollbars=yes,status=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=600,height=550')">Course Details</A>>!!

This worked well and allowed a formatted page to be displayed - the pop-up feature in V6 does not appear to allow formatting. Just to repeat the ealier point, I want the info to open as a new page.

I'm sure the answer will probably lie with me doing something daft - but I have checked everything I can think of and still can't get the link to work.

Regards.
      Bernie Vincent
      The Eminent Trading Company
      www.eminent-trader.com

Comment

I've checked that code out and it works fine on my site which is a V6 site - not much help I know.
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I've had a quick chat with Bernie and found that the error was occuring when he tried to do an offline preview. After a bit of digging around I realised that files listed in additional files had to be manually copied to the PreviewHTML directory in order to be accessed during the preview. It worked in V4 because the generated preview files were created in the site directory rather than a subdirectory.

I'm not sure whether the fact that additional files are not copied to the preview directory is a bug or a feature, in my case some of my additional files are quite large (my software download files) and I certainly wouldn't want those copied about but other are HTML file which would be useful if copied.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
          X