Download and upload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Download and upload problem

I currently have version 5.0.0 of Actinic. It has a well known bug where occasionally it comes up the "site name incorrect " error when starting up. It did this yesterday on the business computer and I did the usual fix where you go into REGEDIT and correct the site name to "Site 1" again. Restart the computer and the problem is solved. Unfortunately this is when my problems started. I then tried to download the orders from the site and it came up a cgi-bin error. I then went home and tried to refresh the website from my home computer. It got about 80% of the way through the refresh and then produced the following error.
    "An error has occured while merging files on the remote site E:\InetPub\homevisionuk\cgi-bin\md000001.pl' script produced no output"
    Also if you go on to the website and try buying a product by clicking on "add to cart" it comes up almost exactly the same error except its ca000001.pl that produces no output.
    I tried deleting the remote site and reloading but with no joy. Still get the error when reloading site.
    As the site can no longer receive orders its a bit of an emergency! Also will I have lost existing orders when I deleted the remote catalog?
    Please help!

Also will I have lost existing orders when I deleted the remote catalog?
    It depends whether you deleted everything in the acatalog directory or just the files that belong to the generated web site. The orders files are called *.ord, so check your acatalog directory for files that have a date that is earlier than that, if you have some then you are ok.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Something seems to have happened to your web server that means that your store is no longer uploading or functioning correctly. It looks like the Perl scripts are unable to execute.

Go to 'Advanced | Network Setup' and click the 'Test' button. Hopefully this will give you some clue about what is happening online.

Also, it is worth checking with your web host whether they have done anything like reset the servers or anything like that which could have reset the permissions. The permissions required by Actinic on a Windows server are:

NT Server will require 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions in the 'cgi-bin' and 'acatalog' directories for the FTP account user ID. The acatalog directory also requires the 'IUSER_<servername> internet guest' account to have access with 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions.

Actinic also requires NTFS file permissions for the CGI-BIN and acatalog directories within IIS4 of 'read and execute' for 'cgi-bin' and 'read, write, execute' for the 'acatalog' directory.

If it is not possible to allow a Actinic user to have the above permissions on their website, then there is a workaround that involves the Actinic user manually generating the files.

Also, rather than fishing round in the registry the whole time to start Actinic, you can use the following command line:

"C:\Program Files\Actinic Ecommerce v5\Catalog.exe" /s Site1

Comment

Download Upload Problem

Thanks for the advise Chris and Jan. It turned out to be a problem with my hosts as you thought Chris. Pearl was not running on the server. After being initially assured by my hosts that the problem was not on their end, I phoned them back with the new information. They then checked the pearl scripting and reset it. Everything was OK from then on!
        I also emailed Actinic technical support directly the same morning I posted the problem on this site. I was amazed and impressed to get a reply within 2 hours! Its saved us a lot in lost sales so thanks again you and Actinic support.
        Regards
        Stuart Reedie

Comment

Working...
        X