Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using the referral script....

Hi all,

I have used V3 over the past few years, and am now running V6. Ive discovered the Referral ability, and am now using it, however, I would like to be able to set up a referral link that jumps to a specific item in the catalog using the search script. Is this a possibility?

Andy Warner
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

No, the referrer script can go to specifc sections (pages) but not specific products within those sections.

Comment

but....... heres an idea

I had assumed that was the case after browsing the perl script. HOWEVER, I wanted to use the search script that can jump to specific products using the product ref ( I will be using ISBNs for these) AND get it to set the cookie in the users browser....

Can I modify the ss perl script to add the cookie setting bit as done in the rs perl script?

Can I add that to the wish list please??

by the way, can we see whats on the wish list somewhere?

Thanks for the comments.

Andy
      Andy Warner

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

I have added this to the wish list. The wish list (if anyone is interested) is an Access database that sits on my PC here. It is not published anywhere at the moment, but feel free to share any ideas on this forum so we can all discuss chew over new ideas.

Comment

Hi Chris,

This went on to you wish list in 2003, any progress?

Regards

Geoff Powell

Comment

referring to item

Hi M8,

I use the referral script to go direct to an item using a forwarding page as follows:

<a href="http://www.legendgames.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs000020.pl?SOURCE=REFERRER&DESTINATION=Current_Top_Trumps.html&PATH=../acatalog/&BASEURL=http://www.legendgames.co.uk/acatalog/&LGPRODUCTCODE=325">enter link text or image here</a>

and have changed the perl of the referral script as in this attached file:

this works by adding a new namepair to the end of the referring line (the &LGPRODUCTCODE= bit). The changed referral script looks at that namepair if present, and re-routes the output to a bounce page with a meta refresh tag which equals the original page plus the anchor of the product. I couldnt work out how to do this without the interim page, then since it did work, i forgot about it and it faded into history! I'm sure theres a much more elegant way of achieving this, but this works a treat.

use at your own risk, please acknowlege legendgames if you pass it on to someone else. Cheers.
            andy
            Attached Files
            Andy Warner

Comment

Working...
            X