Including Special Offer type products on the Home and Brochure pages. Briefly tested with 6.1.3. This method hijacks the Extended Information Popup Page for a product, makes these into stand-alone html pages, adds a Cart Button to these pages and inserts that small page into the home page or a brochure fragment using an tag. LIMITATIONS:- You won't be able to use the Extended Information Popup as usual on these products. This technique only works on products in "Quantity on Product Page" type sections (without the Single Cart Button). It makes use of the tag which is somewhat Internet Explorer specific. Although it works fine on Opera 7. Don't use on products with Date or Other Info prompts as errors (bad date, etc) wouldn't be cleanly handled. SET-UP:- Save the following code as ProductOnBrochurePages.html in your Site1 folder. NETQUOTEVAR:PAGETITLE NETQUOTEVAR:PAGEHEADER NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF
NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION
NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBEGINLINKNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTLINKTEXTNETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTENDLINK NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION
NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON
NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND Now on your home page wherever you want that product to appear add the HTML You can alter the width, height, etc to suit your design. If you want to use Brochure Fragments (home page or elsewhere) to display these items then create a fragment of type "Text Only" and in the "Text" field put !!<>!! You can display multiple products by choosing different file names for each one and matching it with a Page Name below. OPERATION: When you want a product to appear on your Home or a Brochure page:- In the Product Details / Extended Information tab Check "Generate Popup Page". Leave all the "Display By" fields blank. Leave "Text" and "Image" blank (we pick up that info from the main product). In "Page Name" choose a filename for this product. E.g. "specialoffer.html" - matching the name in a fragment as above. In "Layout" enter "ProductOnBrochurePages.html". When you want to choose a new special offer just untick the "Generate Popup Page" on the old product and repeat from "In the Product Details...." above on the new one. WARNING: Test this well as I had a some sort of wierd caching problem that lost the images if you revisited the site a day later. If you then (on the client PC) changed the date to a future one and re-loaded the page it was OK. Change the date back and things worked fine from then on (probably until tomorrow). I'm not a server guru so I didn't investigate further. It seemed to be the very presense of an tag on the home page that caused this wierd behaviour. I was using a local standalone server on XP-PRO and IE6.