No announcement yet.

[Announcement] It's Arrived! Edit Actinic from your browser, via plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope I've got this right.... so, you can have a copy of actinic running on a pc somewhere and access it either through a local network or vpn to manage it ? I havn't tried the beta yet, but does the web interface work ok on a mac (firefox, safari etc) ? Would suit several of my customers if that was the case.
    Richard Gosler
    Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
    Dorset, UK

Comment

I have been BETA testing Actinet on an internal network on PC's and Mac's using IE6, IE7, Safari 2 (and Beta 3), FF2.0, Opera 9 and IE for Mac.

There are a couple of minor cross browser HTML rendering issues however the functionality in the BETA works perfectly well.

Basically I installed Actinet on the PC with Actinic store running and I have been happily accessing and using the features on said browsers and OS's without issue.
      The installation was simple and easy to set up.

All that would be required for remote access is the proper network configuration for allowing routing from external to internal network to that PC. If you know your network/router onions then you'll be able to set it up to access from anywhere in the world

A lot of potential here....
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Can I have a go? Please!!!

Hi

I have just mailed you through the web site as well, I am interested in beta testing (if you still need them).

Website is www.simplydigital.co.uk, I have 3 customer service staff and this would save loads of time.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I emailed through the website some time ago regarding beta testing and didnt get a response.

Can we see this yet? Do you still need testers?

Update please.

Comment

the story so far...

an update:

i'm in the middle of building the website for this adventure, and so the site is likely to be largely unfinished.

at the moment, its only little old me writing documentation (though as fergus pointed out, the interface is so simple, you dont actually need any docs). i'm writing a quick start guide, and also some inline docs, for certain features of the interface that are not so obvious.

later on today, after some discussion, and some tech talk, i'll be putting up a live demo. this will be accessible to you all to poke around in, and will even include some beta plugins that i'm working on, so you can all have a look.

and when will this mechanical wonder become available?

well, we have all our bank stuff set up now, but we are waiting on protx to let us take online payments. later today, ii'll be making a paypal account, for those people who want to use that.

The price to start will be £300 for Actinet.

This will include:
            - The installer for the core app.
            - The order manager plugin
            - The Product Manager plugin
            - An RSS news plugin (used mostly to inform you of updates)
            - a full years support, via email, support tickets at this site, and later on, as we set up our phones here, over the telephone.
            - Quickstart guides and initial install help.
            - Access to the features voting area.

remember, that actinet is purchased and the key is bound to the website address. this means that if you move computers, or you have to re-install for some reason, as long as your website address is the same as the one used when you installed, you can install an unlimited number of times. additional urls, on a per company basis, will be on a discount basis. this discount has yet to be confirmed/decided, but it'll be a fair one.

unlike some software, the Actinet server can support unlimited amounts of users, depending on how you set it up. there is no additional charge for the numbers of users on your system. none at all. nada. zip.

hope that was of some help and we hope to be helping you actinic people get your info on the road soon.

Comment

By £300 per URL do you mean £300 per site Gabe?

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Yes. In essence, only the first site will be that cost.

further sites will be at a discounted rate.

Comment

Originally posted by gabrielcrowe
                  The price to start will be £300 for Actinet.
                  But I'm Scotch and poor.

*goes begging at Euston Station for a few weeks again*
                  Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
                    But I'm Scotch and poor.
                    Scotch!?!?!
                    You intimating that you're good enough to drink, George? A stiff one at that too!
                    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
                      Scotch!?!?!
                      You intimating that you're good enough to drink, George? A stiff one at that too!
                      Its a term I've adopted off a West Ham forum that I use, somehow they think it annoys me to be called Scotch instead of Scottish. But, it looks like I've somehow incorporated it into everyday use lol.

I'll resist the temptation to comment on "stiff" and "being good enough to drink".
                      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Multiply by 15 and you'll see what it'll cost me.

Purely for the multi-site, multi-user functionality, I think this is worth it. I don't have a need for it now but at my present rate of growth, I will be needing it soon.
                        "Opportunities multiply as they are seized." - Sun Tzu

Comment

Will there be or is there a 30 day download trial? This kind of thing I like to test drive before I hand over hard cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                            Will there be or is there a 30 day download trial? This kind of thing I like to test drive before I hand over hard cash.
                            was just thinking the same actually
                            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by Folk
                              actually, i'll be putting a fully functional demo online. i'm building a computer to host it now, in fact.

the test shop, will be uploaded and downloaded houry. this will be linked to an actual actinic shop online, so you can all see how the whole deal works. just like you'd install it yourself.

you'll be able to go to the website and place a test order, then go into the actinet demo install and see how it all works yourself.

Comment

what worries me is that I don't know if I'll be able to access my office system from home.
                                In my (rented) office I have use of shared network and I'm not entirely sure if it's going to be possible to get into it from outside, IYSWIM

Hence wanting to try it out first..not so much from a "how it works" POV, more of a "will it work" one
                                Tracey

Comment

Working...
                                X