PayPal refund button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal refund button

This feature still doesn't work correctly.

I reported an issue with it nearly five years ago (see here).

I have tested it a couple of times recently, however issuing a full refund results in the following error message (screenshot attached):-

"The total downloaded in the payment authorisation, £9.90, does not match the total downloaded with the order, £0.00."

I am then left with a payment record with a status of 'Error (PSP)'. I cannot delete this payment record in order to tidy things up. In order to return the order value to £0.00, I have to manually create a third payment record. Obviously all a bit messy and looks dreadful on the invoice.

I haven't even tried issuing a partial refund, as I have no confidence that the whole amount would not get refunded (see original issue).

On a similar note, if I don't use the refund button and instead issue the refund directly from my PayPal account I sometimes - but not always - get the above error message. It's inconsistent.

Finally, more often than not, I then have to close Sellerdeck using Task Manager, because Sellerdeck gets stuck in a loop of showing me the three pop-ups attached.

In order to help to get this issue resolved, I am more than happy to communicate with Sellerdeck and carry out further testing/reporting back of results, etc.
    Attached Files

This was reported as a bug, SD-8358. We are working on a fix which will be included in a maintenance release.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X