Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it times out?

Hi guys,

Had a small play with SD2013, it is going to time out in a couple of days, how can I extend that period to keep on testing?

Thanks Mash
    Mash

according to earlier posts, the way to extend a trial is to take a snapshot, reinstall and then import the snapshot and carry on as before.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I did uninstall SD13 and re-installed it, when I open it says day 2 of 30, however, next screen it says it will expire on 20th November.

Also the snapshot I saved from it came up with a fatal error, I can not remember the exact wording but it was something a long the lines that the snapshot is only available to be imported in an activated version.

So it looks like it is going to stop tomorrow and I can't re import the snapshot

Thanks M
      Mash

Comment

To the best of my knowledge, as you have found - you cannot import a snapshot created by a trial version into another trial. Remember that the SD13 is beta and may change before release. It is not recommended to be used on a live store.

Comment

The snapshot is a zipped copy of all your files so you can get around the import limitation by doing it manually.

i.e.:

- Copy all your site1 files to another location
          - Reinstall 2013 demo
          - Copy back all the copied files into the site1 folder.

Of course this won't help if the demo version still thinks it's running out of time.

The trail period is most likely stored in the registry but it's probably best not to play with it unless you know what you're doing.

IIRC you can set your system clock back 30 days (or maybe even more if you want to) and Actinic will be quite happy. Really only practical if you have a separate PC for developing on.

Mike

Comment

Hello everyone

There is a new beta here which is the same as the previous one, except with an extended expiry date. As before, please post your findings at Get Satisfaction raising a new thread for each different issue.
            Happy testing

Regards
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
              Hello everyone

There is a new beta here which is the same as the previous one, except with an extended expiry date. As before, please post your findings at Get Satisfaction raising a new thread for each different issue.
              Happy testing

Regards
              Downloaded, reinstalled and still wont let me continue evaluation...

Please advise

Comment

Hello there

Have you downloaded the new Beta - MMIB, i.e, the file that downloads has the build name as MMIB in it? Also, did you install afresh, or install on top of the previous beta?

Regards
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I don't know why this is happening but did you uninstall the previous trial version?

Mike

Comment

No it said to update so I did that, I will try by uninstalling then and installing a fresh copy...

Comment

As predicted, mine did time out and I downloaded the latest version from the website (I did ask support but they did not know the answer), installed and now working. Given me a date in December 2012 for it to stop again.

Thanks M
                      Mash

Comment

Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
                        No it said to update so I did that, I will try by uninstalling then and installing a fresh copy...
                        This worked fine

Comment

Working...
                        X