Filter Results Image resizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Results Image resizing

Using sellerdeck v12.01 - Does anyone know of a way to use the product thumbnail image in the filter search results page?
    the 'Search results> tabular search results' layout seems to resize the product image, which results in distorted images (all our product images are either 250px wde OR 250px tall and our thumbnails are all 80px wide or 80px tall) using the thumbnail image 'as is' would cure the problem, but does'nt work in the search results layouts.
    Any help would be much appreciated
    Thanks
    Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

Another solution would be to resize your images to be square by adjusting the canvas size. You can do this as a batch using something like FastStone Resizer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan Rounding View Post
      Another solution would be to resize your images to be square by adjusting the canvas size. You can do this as a batch using something like FastStone Resizer.
      Yes, I am in the middle of doing that with Photoshop, but that just increases the file size of all my images (over 2200).
      Also is it the product image that the layout is resizing or is it the thumbnail?
      I am in the middle of experimenting to see which, and will post on here the results!
      Thanks for your suggestion.
      Terry
      Tezzflyer

Comment

What have you set in Settings / Search And Filtering Settings / Results / Product Image Options?

If you set width to say 75 and height to 0, then only the width attribute will be applied leading to scaled down images with a preserved aspect ratio.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
          What have you set in Settings / Search And Filtering Settings / Results / Product Image Options?

If you set width to say 75 and height to 0, then only the width attribute will be applied leading to scaled down images with a preserved aspect ratio.
          Bugger!, wish I had spotted that earlier. That works a treat

Thanks Norman, as ever you are a star

(still think it should be able to use thumnail images though - they already exsist, and the browser doesnt need to resize them.)
          Tezzflyer

Comment

Happy to help.

P.S. Your e-sparky site is crashing when any of the Perl scripts run. Every such link returns error message:

Phrase not found (-1,24) {}!!
            Norman - www.drillpine.biz
            Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
              Happy to help.

P.S. Your e-sparky site is crashing when any of the Perl scripts run. Every such link returns error message:

Phrase not found (-1,24) {}!!
              Thanks for that Norman - will check it out, it is an obsolete site, but we plan on resurecting it later next month, so thats a good heads up
              Thanks again
              Terry
              Tezzflyer

Comment

I reckon using the near on redundant thumbnail image input is a great way to shrink file sizes of images for mobile devices when using filters/new products/best sellers.

i would like to know how to direct the layout to use thumbnails instead of reduced size images as they appear garbled. Moz, the seo tool has also picked up the image file waste as an optimisation notice.
                Quality engraved Sports Awards, Golf Trophies and Football Trophies in 3 -7 days.

Comment

Working...
                X