Returning from Sellerdeck payments - page freezez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Returning from Sellerdeck payments - page freezez

I have had several emails from customers concerned that we had not received their order (we had)
    they all tell me that after click confirm payment on the sellerdeck payments screen, the receipt page froze.
    We have not received the order confirmation copy or an order received e-mail, and google analytics does not register the transaction!
    they all seem to be using IE11. Has anyone else suffered from this? and if so, any idea why?
    Nothing has changed on our receipt page, so I can't think why this should be happening (it is intermittent, most orders seem to behave as they should, but the frequency of orders received with no confirmation email is steadily rising)
    Tezzflyer

Websparky Electrical Goods

http://www.websparky.co.uk

Check the Internet Explorer 11 issue. The payment page can be affected if the mail server connection fails, run a network settings test.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks for the response peblaco, much appreciated.
      I should have mentioned in my earlier post that we are hosted with sellerdeck, and are using the latest version of sellerdeck business plus
      I expect that the apache mod perl & MD5 digest should be installed/configured OK along with the mail server.
      I will test other browser / os combinations and report back with my findings (if any!)
      Tezzflyer

Comment

Still getting this problem, customers report that after they submit their payment, instead of going to the receipt page the browser page freezes, this has been reported as happening in IE11 (mostly) but also Chrome, and Safari on a Mac powerbook. Getting nowhere with support...
        Tezzflyer

Comment

Yes, we too have started getting this problem on multiple sites since we upgraded to 12.0.3 and 11.0.5 earlier this week. It is happening consistently via both Chrome and IE9 under Windows 7, without IE11 being even installed on that computer. It is particularly noticeable with a payment method of "Invoice", which (I always understood) goes straight from the final Checkout page to the Receipt page.
          Might something in the upgrade have created this problem?

14/1 THE ANSWER IS "NO" - Sellerdeck Support have investigated this for us thoroughly (many thanks) - it is caused by our 1and1 SMTP server suddenly becoming very slow.
          Andy Shercliff
          www.4children2enjoy.co.uk

Comment

Sorry to hear about the issues being faced, I have emailed my colleagues in the support team to investigate further into this.

Regards
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

A lot of our customers have recently started complaining that they aren't receiving confirmation emails too - we use Sellerdeck payments but haven't investigated the browser freeze issue as yet...
              The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

We are still getting this issue, we are Hosted with sellerdeck, our e-mail is through sellerdeck, our payments are through sellerdeck, our feedback is through sellerdeck, you get the picture - there is no one else to blame but sellerdeck - or me, if it's me then maybe sellerdeck could tell me what I am doing wrong!
                This has been dragging on for almost 2 months now and support has proved as useful as a chocolate fireguard.
                If the scripts are waiting for a response from the mail server, surely the script should at least redirect the customer to the receipt page while waiting for the response rather than just fail!
                Tezzflyer

Comment

You need to escalate this within Sellerdeck so that it gets the proper attention.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                  X