Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup solution

Possibly not the correct place for this, but;

After a recent Windows update problem which required a full restore, I've come to the conclusion that while I've generally got what I need in the way of back-ups, the process is too slow & time consuming. Although I can get the basics up & running in a couple of hours, I'm looking at quite a while to get everything (nearly) back to the way it was....

I've used Acronis True Image in the past where there was a load of identically specified PC's & got on with it quite well, but have been doubtful of using it if I can't guarantee I'll have an identical spec PC at hand, but I see that True Image 2014 Premium is now capable of restoring to non identical equipment.

So I'm thinking of using Acronis True Image with either a USB HDD or a NAS (Netgear ReadyNAS 100 or 300 possibly).

There will be one laptop with about 150Gb on it getting regularly imaged & other images & media files of about the same size being backed up to it occasionally.

Any advice or experience on the subject much appreciated.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier
Working...
X