Online Stock Control not working at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Stock Control not working at all

The website was originally created in Actinic v3 some 14 years ago and was upgraded to what is now Sellerdeck Business 2013 (Version: 12.0.5.OFLD Build: 12.05.0.0.0.OFLD). Online stock control does not work and Stock Monitoring requires over an hour to update the stock levels so the only workaround I have is uploading individual pages instead. If I change over to online stock monitoring the website does not reflect what is on my desktop and all products show as in stock even if they show as out of stock on my desktop. The 'out of stock' message often occurs where the cart would be in Stock Monitoring but for Online Stock Control it occurs at the top where the 'In Stock' message would be . It is this latter 'out of stock' message that does not appear on the website and the Add to Cart button remains. Sellerdeck support work has shown the problem to be server-specific but so far there is no explanation as to why the server (Unix) should not properly execute the scripts required as it has all the PERL modules and versions necessary etc.

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Welcome to the Community, Keith. Quite a long time to be using Actinic / SellerDeck without posting a question ;-)

There's a significant chance that in all those upgrades, some old code has stayed in place or some new code never made it into your layouts.

It might be worth changing a product or two to using a Product Layout (or Product Page Layout) that's a clean SD 2013 version. Upload and see if these products work as expected. Whether they do / don't will help locate the problem area.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

Thanks for that but Sellerdeck support incl the Development Team couldn't find anything wrong in the code and all the product pages are actually new since I generated individual product pages when we changed over to v13. Maybe I din't make this clear but the site works fine on another test server, it just doesn't work on our server.

Comment

What a waste

This appears to have been a total waste of time posting here. Surely someone somewhere should have some idea about this.

Comment

Working...
        X