Reverting back to default template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverting back to default template

I have a site that uses a bespoke template with brochure page that is starting to look a little tired and does not really use the Sellerdeck software to its best, I think it is not been helped by it first started on V7. I think that the best option would be to use one of the built in default templates.

What is the best way of reverting back to default? I did have a play around with selecting a theme but it complained that "The colors in one or more images were not changed because the image in the site had been edited. The untouched images were:" and a very long list of images and to be honest the site looked a mess.
    Would installing 2013 over itself solve the problem or is there an easy way to import the catalogue items over to a fresh install without the look/layout?

If you install a fresh copy your design snapshot would still pull in the entire site including all mods, so that won't help. In honesty your best option would be to do a hierarchical export (file/export), then import that into a fresh clean install, although this option works it can miss items with custom variables etc.

As always do a complete snapshot first and back up all your site folders, if upgrading to a newer version, install it separately so you can still function with the old site until the new one is sorted. Unfortunately there is no way of rolling back a design to default.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X