Feefo - 50% price increase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feefo - 50% price increase!

How can SellerDeck justify a 50% increase?

Last month £83 + VAT ....... this month £125 + VAT!

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
    How can SellerDeck justify a 50% increase?

Is excessive isn't it? What package are you contracted to ?

They will just say it's cheaper than going direct .......

I have Feefo 350 - currently£41.50 plus VAT ....... was a tenner in 2012
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

£125 is the new Feefo 800 price without a SellerDeck 365 Plus subscription.

It is the price increase of between 20 and 48% for Feefo (where used without a SellerDeck 365 Plus subscription). I guess you got stung for a 48% price increase
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I think that will change this month..... Feefo 350 is either £49 or £59 this month depending if you have a SellerDeck 365 Plus Subscription or not
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Hi Andrew,

I see you also do Mag en to , as do Sellerdeck, so assuming this is a logical move from Sellerdeck Desktop?

I know little about Mag en to , are you able to import from Sellerdeck, or would it be a complete start again?
          Last edited by Buzby; 04-Apr-2018, 05:20 PM. Reason: Sellerdeck removes names of other software
          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I'm in the process of rebuiling that website..... it's about 5 years old and there are things on there that we no longer do.... such as Magneto

I'm commiting to SellerDeck for a while longer (both as a developer and a store owner) and I've got a couple of extensions that I'm just mapping out.

There are other options to taking out SellerDeck 365 Plus and saying on SellerDeck.
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
              Is excessive isn't it? What package are you contracted to ?

They will just say it's cheaper than going direct .......

It's the Feefo 800 package. I checked with Feefo this afternoon and their 'Growth' package is £299 for up to 1,000 emails. So I suppose SellerDeck have a point, but still ....... !!

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                £125 is the new Feefo 800 price without a SellerDeck 365 Plus subscription.

It is the price increase of between 20 and 48% for Feefo (where used without a SellerDeck 365 Plus subscription). I guess you got stung for a 48% price increase
                Thanks - yes, I did get the emails about the 365 Plus subscriptions and could see that some services were being substantially increased in price for non-subscribers, but I could have sworn it didn't say anything about Feefo prices increasing. Does anyone still have the emails which SellerDeck sent out about this please? If so, it would be really helpful if you could copy and paste below, thanks.

Comment

The email didn't mention price rises for non-SellerDeck services directly but gave some links to their website :

https://2018.sellerdeck.co.uk/price-changes.php

https://2018.sellerdeck.co.uk/

https://2018.sellerdeck.co.uk/price-calculator.php

And you have to get to https://2018.sellerdeck.co.uk/price-changes-list.php to see the % change and actual prices.
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

Thanks Andrew, that's really helpful - I remember seeing all three of those now. On the Price Changes page it states:-

"The biggest change is the price of our Sellerdeck Cover support service. If taken without our hosting, this will rise by 25%."

If 25% is the biggest change, surely a 50% increase in the price of the Feefo 800 package contradicts that statement? Or am I missing something?

"We're also applying nominal price rises to other services."

I certainly wouldn't call 50% "nominal"!

Of course, I do realise that complaining about these shocking price increases will make absolutely no difference whatsoever

Comment

It would appear to have become a very expensive e-commerce system and beyond that limits the financially of new starters

Makes you wonder if e-commerce in general will be only done by the larger companies and the small pray left with Ebay and Amazon in a couple of years time

Demands on changes to all systems every few months, it seems soon gobbles up management time, trying to sort out what the directives really mean and then more time creating patches, to be either legal or oblige the search engines to be kind enough to list you

Maybe just WP left with the backing of the most powerful owner

Long may the small one ot two man company last
                      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
                        It's the Feefo 800 package. I checked with Feefo this afternoon and their 'Growth' package is £299 for up to 1,000 emails. So I suppose SellerDeck have a point, but still ....... !!
                        Laura - 226 feedbacks in a year - do you really need the Feefo 800 ?

If I look at yours the way I look at mine, @ £83 a month, that is a cost of £996 for the year, or a whopping £4.40 per feedback.... @£125 month / £1,500 a year that per feedback figure becomes £6.63

I had Feefo from 2010 to 2016, then dropped it for 18 months as I didn't have the budget available. We then went with the responsive software and the number of sale we achieved did increase dramatically, so I re subscribed, but the response to feed back requests is really disappointing. Less than 10%

I know many of my customers personally and when I have asked "why didn't you provide feedback" more often than not they are not aware of the request ... it transpires the Feefo email ends up in people junk folders all too often... I bought some clothing last summer from Samuel Windsor, one of the big Feefo clients - their feedback request was indeed found in my junk folder.

I'll stick with it for a while longer, but £59 a month is indeed what I will be asked to pay soon, is £708 a year. I can spend that money better on direct marketing.... or better still a holiday.
                        www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
                          It would appear to have become a very expensive e-commerce system and beyond that limits the financially of new starters

Makes you wonder if e-commerce in general will be only done by the larger companies and the small pray left with Ebay and Amazon in a couple of years time

Demands on changes to all systems every few months, it seems soon gobbles up management time, trying to sort out what the directives really mean and then more time creating patches, to be either legal or oblige the search engines to be kind enough to list you

Maybe just WP left with the backing of the most powerful owner

Long may the small one ot two man company last
                          Chris, I have just been nodding to everything that you have said.

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                            Laura - 226 feedbacks in a year - do you really need the Feefo 800 ?

If I look at yours the way I look at mine, @ £83 a month, that is a cost of £996 for the year, or a whopping £4.40 per feedback.... @£125 month / £1,500 a year that per feedback figure becomes £6.63

I had Feefo from 2010 to 2016, then dropped it for 18 months as I didn't have the budget available. We then went with the responsive software and the number of sale we achieved did increase dramatically, so I re subscribed, but the response to feed back requests is really disappointing. Less than 10%

I know many of my customers personally and when I have asked "why didn't you provide feedback" more often than not they are not aware of the request ... it transpires the Feefo email ends up in people junk folders all too often... I bought some clothing last summer from Samuel Windsor, one of the big Feefo clients - their feedback request was indeed found in my junk folder.

I'll stick with it for a while longer, but £59 a month is indeed what I will be asked to pay soon, is £708 a year. I can spend that money better on direct marketing.... or better still a holiday.
                            You know what, Mark, you are right. And so is my very good friend (also an SD user since the early 00s) who is flabbergasted that I keep subscribing to this service

I'm going to cancel it today. My response rate is around 8-9%. I can't justify it. I had actually forgotten until yesterday (when you mentioned your plan size) that there were actually different plan sizes. I never kept an eye on the number of emails being sent out, nor the response rate. When I took the service out three years ago I needed the 800 plan, but I don't need that many now. This has taught me a lesson!

For the record, SD told me yesterday that if I switch to the 350 plan (new price £59 + VAT) any extra emails going out over and above the 350 will be charged at £0.14 each. This actually would have worked out okay for me had I decided to continue using Feefo. But I'm not going to.

So thanks Mark, and thanks also to my mate Dave

Comment

So is anybody using (or can anybody recommend) an alternative to the paid, third-party feedback services? I'm thinking along the lines of an integrated script hosted on my own server, but any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X