recovering lost data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

recovering lost data

last week my computer died due to a corrupted automatic download ! As I have had to completely re-install Windows I lost all programmes and data apart from that saved on an external drive. I have re-insalled Actinic and recovered all my photos, etc from the external drive. Fortunately, I had also been in touch with Louise at Placibo back in March and she very kindly sent me a snapshot I had sent her then.

I am trying to reorganise the site with SPP setup and my products are displayed using Standard Layout Using CSS. My problem now is that although I have prices entered on the general tab they are not showing in any preview. (I have also tried other layouts and still no luck). I have not changed the CSS layout in any way.

I would be very grateful for any help anyone can offer.

Look at a products Product Details / Layout / Product / Price Layout. If set to "No Layout" change it.

Usually this is set for all products via Settings / Site Options / Layout / Product / Price Layout.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Price not showing

Thanks for that - but have checked and it is showing as "Standard Tax Inclusive and Exclusive Price". Any other suggestions for me, please?
      Judy

Comment

Locate that layout in Design / Library / Layouts. Right-click it and Restore To Factory Settings.

Comment

thanks for that but unfortunately the lSettings / Site Options / Layout / Product / Price Layout was set correctly. Would you have any other suggestions for me, please. Thanks

Comment

Sorry, repeated answer before you replied !!

Have now down the 'revert to factory settings' and hey presto - just as you said - prices have magically appeared !!

Many thanks again.

Judy

Comment

Make sure to take a snapshot every time you make a change, however small, especially now when you are rebuilding from a very old snapshot.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

And, of course, the most obvious thing you need. A decent backup strategy.

E.g. Acronis True Image and an external hard disk at the bare minimum. Less than £100 all-in. Even better, a dual drive RAID1 NAS device down a long wire into another room and Acronis. Circa £200.

If this had been in place 2 weeks ago, all the grief you've had since would have been obviated by a 10 minute system recovery.

Comment

Thanks for all the info - I know, I know I have been very stupid and not backing up onto an external drive (which I have anyway !!!) just went with the default from the programme. I now am backing up VERY regularly as I really don't want to lose another week of my life re-building the store !!!
                  Many, many thanks to everyone for caring.
                  Judy

Comment

Working...
                  X