Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Marketing lists 'opt in'

Hi everyone,

I am exporting my emailing lists from actinic v10...

I have a small clause in my 'terms and conditions' that customers must agree to during checkout saying 'we will sometimes send emails to you... etc' so technically when people agree to the 'terms and conditions' they are opting in to receiving emails...

My last email shot ended up getting a complaint rate of 0.2%... Up 0.1% is allowed.. Its not a lot of complaints ! but its too much for Mailchimp.

(a complaint is just someone labelling the email as spam)

So mailchimp are sending me emails saying I should watch it.. or they'll suspend my account.

So how do we make sure people are aware they have 'opted in' to an email list? Most sites have a button during checkout asking if you would mind receiving emails... I cant see this facility in Actinic.

The export emailing list works ok, but gives a list of ALL customers emails..
    I need to seperate out a list of people who dont mind receiving emails.. and who have checked (or left checked) a box saying so.

How can I do that? Anyone know ?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Saying why they are receiving the email prominently at the top of the mail, that together with clear unsubscription info may help.

Comment

yep... I got that message at the top of the email.. and a clear 'unsuscribe' link..
      According to Mailchimp themselves, a lot of people will click 'spam' without realising it is treated like a complaint.. they just click 'spam' rather than going to the unsuscribe link..

The list in general is very good... My open rate is far above the industry average. So most people are fine with receiving them.. but if I dont get the 'complaint' level down to 0.1% I run the risk of Mailchimp suspending me.

I notice that on the email marketing list export box.. I can filter out results that contain certain answers to the user definable questions.. but this would mean the customer typing in the correct word... probably beyond the ability of my customers !

Would you like to receive marketing emails from us ? yes or no

I spose it could work... but I'd like to have the answer set to a default 'yes'
      Can this be done..?

Pretty basic marketing feature as far as I'm concerned.. this should really be included within Actinic.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It is built into Actinic (V9 for definite and assume V10 & v11 also)
        In my V9 version I have a layout called "Keep Details Private" on 'Checkout Page 1', whcih I assume should be present in V10, although with the redesigned layout for V10 I am unsure where it would be and why it is not showing on your site.

A forum search for "Keep Details Private" may through up a few clues
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Hey Darren, thanks for the reply..
          Yes there is a box on the email marketing export dialogue that says
          Filter on 'keep details private' so thats it is it ? thanks I'll have a look at that and see whats what.. Cheers.
          Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Look in "Design|Text|Web Site (Cont'd)|Invoice Address|Invoice Privacy Check Status" and check if the box is checked.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

gotcha...

so at the moment the question is;

Occasionally we share our address list with other businesses so they can contact you regarding outstanding offers that they may have. Check here if you want us to keep your contact information private and do not wish to receive these offers:
              but I dont want to share my list... just make sure people agree to being contacted with marketing emails.. So I suppose I can change the question to something like;

Occasionally we may send you emails with special offers and new items.. Check here if you do not want us to send you any emails
              Great ! I'll try that out.
              Thanks very much.
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Yes, you can change this to anything you want, I have: "Occasionally we send out emails with details of new products and promotional offers, if you do NOT wish to receive these emails tick this box:"
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Thanks mate... thats sorted it.. nice one...

Despite what I said in a previous post..
                  The ability to do this in Actinic IS included..
                  oh me of little faith !
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                  X